What your EDC says about you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've started carrying a J frame again. Mainly because I hardly ever make it to the big city and rarely leave my liitle podunk stretch of concrete.

Not that it can't happen here, of course, because it damn sure could and probably will.
Hard to forget the terror that dude Michael Vance forced on rural parts of Oklahoma.

I grew up in that type of area and as much as I love the convivence of a larger city, I miss the hell out of it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to forget the terror that dude Michael Vance forced on rural parts of Oklahoma.

I grew up in that type of area and as much as I love the convivence of a larger city, I miss the hell out of it.

Yeah, you couldn't pay me enough to move me to a big city. I much prefer the rural life.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I've started carrying a J frame again. Mainly because I hardly ever make it to the big city and rarely leave my liitle podunk stretch of concrete.

Not that it can't happen here, of course, because it damn sure could and probably will.
The truth is a j frame is all most people need if they know how to hit with it and keep it readily accessible. A lot of people fall into the tacticool gotta have the latest greatest high capacity wonder pistol. It's what I carry most of the time and occasionally the Sig P365.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got rid of all my snubbies after I bought my P365 (held on to my k6s for a little while :D ) for me it was obsolete. The P365 was smaller, had a higher capacity, better sights, better trigger, and was chambered in a better round. However, I get why people carry snubbies, they are tried and true. On the other hand, I'm known to carry a 1911 from time to time too. My hypocrisy knows no bounds....

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got rid of all my snubbies after I bought my P365 (held on to my k6s for a little while :D ) for me it was obsolete. The P365 was smaller, had a higher capacity, better sights, better trigger, and was chambered in a better round. However, I get why people carry them, they are tried and true. On the other hand, I'm known to carry a 1911 from time to time too. My hypocrisy knows no bounds....

I carry a J frame mainly for 2 reasons.

First, I cut my teeth on them and they are very sentimental to me.

And secondly, I pocket carry off duty and nothing rides better and more comfortably in the pocket than a J. Except a mouse gun, but with those, you're talking .380 and under.

The Glock 43 comes close, while staying with a good defensive caliber.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talking to a guy on Ebay about fake stag grips for my later father's JP Sauer single action and mentioned I would like new grips for my Fi D EDC. Look at it now along with it's big brother.

1911-D.jpg
1911-D2.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, most definitely. I don't have my head in the sand. I've been a cop too long (33 years) and I've seen and done too much schit to have the "It'll never happen here" mindset.

But I do avoid situations that make a shitstorm more likely. I don't go out at night (unless I'm working: then I'm heavily armed) I avoid questionable places and I don't socialize with shady people.

Are there better choices than a five shot J frame in the pocket? Absolutely. But it does cover rule number one...HAVE A GUN!

I've been watching a channel that calls it the rules of stupid:

Don't do stupid things with stupid people at stupid times in stupid places.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I carry a J frame mainly for 2 reasons.

First, I cut my teeth on them and they are very sentimental to me.

And secondly, I pocket carry off duty and nothing rides better and more comfortably in the pocket than a J. Except a mouse gun, but with those, you're talking .380 and under.

The Glock 43 comes close, while staying with a good defensive caliber.

The amazing thing about the P365 is that it is almost identical or smaller in size to the G43, while still packing an extra 4 rounds. AND, each extra mag has another +4 rounds vs the G43, or you can carry the 12rd mags, or now even the 17rd mag as a spare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom