What your EDC says about you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, most definitely. I don't have my head in the sand. I've been a cop too long (33 years) and I've seen and done too much schit to have the "It'll never happen here" mindset.

But I do avoid situations that make a shitstorm more likely. I don't go out at night (unless I'm working: then I'm heavily armed) I avoid questionable places and I don't socialize with shady people.

Are there better choices than a five shot J frame in the pocket? Absolutely. But it does cover rule number one...HAVEhank you for Thirty Three years serving and protecting the public.

P.S. "I avoid questionable places and I don't socialize with shady people". Good advice from a LEO. I hope those that like to party will listen to this gentleman's good advice.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The truth is a j frame is all most people need if they know how to hit with it and keep it readily accessible. A lot of people fall into the tacticool gotta have the latest greatest high capacity wonder pistol. It's what I carry most of the time and occasionally the Sig P365.
My 642 AW now resides in the safe replaced by a G43X. I traded off my Sig 365 for the 43X as the 365 is a pain to load the magazines for these old hands/fingers plus I like the handle (grip) as I actually have much more hanging out the bottom and 10 plus one is just fine.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The amazing thing about the P365 is that it is almost identical or smaller in size to the G43, while still packing an extra 4 rounds. AND, each extra mag has another +4 rounds vs the G43, or you can carry the 12rd mags, or now even the 17rd mag as a spare.
The G43 has been replaced by the 43X which I found is a great carry gun, light with 10 round mags+1, nice grip with lots of room for your hand and mags are easy too load unlike the P365 that I traded in for the G43X. I switch off for my Ruger Combat Commander depending on where and when.
The amazing thing about the P365 is that it is almost identical or smaller in size to the G43, while still packing an extra 4 rounds. AND, each extra mag has another +4 rounds vs the G43, or you can carry the 12rd mags, or now even the 17rd mag as a spare.

Last edited:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t care for Toyotas or iPhones but I do like my baby Glocks, not the woosie single stacks though. I don’t know the cat I’d fit in, I carry multiple and first choice in my trucks is one of these.View attachment 303810
A1EB66BC-3172-444A-A39C-8F8CAA26D56F.png
This fits in my Prius!
i thought I was the only one that carried like that.

AD4452ED-3A5A-4D7E-BF69-F082499A40E3.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 321718This fits in my Prius!
i thought I was the only one that carried like that.

View attachment 321719

Be careful just laying your carbine in the seat like that. Always remember, if you ever have a car accident, everything in your vehicle becomes a projectile. Getting hit in the head with one of those stainless steel mugs/tumblers is bad enough. I could only imagine getting knocked in the melon with a rifle! :brick:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful just laying your carbine in the seat like that. Always remember, if you ever have a car accident, everything in your vehicle becomes a projectile. Getting hit in the head with one of those stainless steel mugs/tumblers is bad enough. I could only imagine getting knocked in the melon with a rifle! :brick:
I'll put a seat belt on it for you

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend some sort of mount/restraint but I’ve used a seatbelt for years before I found mounts I liked.
120B47CD-0C38-4FC0-B765-3557E1E42EFD.jpeg

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10-04 0n that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom