Whataburger takes stand against Texas' new open carry law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really disappointed to see this. I like Whataburger.

Seems odd... I may write them a letter and ask why it's such a big deal in TX when it wasn't a big deal in OK?

Prolly those OCTX guys who acted like douches at the Chipotle...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/ap/ap/texas/whataburger-takes-stand-against-texas-new-open-car/nmxdL/

If I'm reading this correctly, we in OK can shortly expect they will put "No OC" signs on the local Whataburger stores.

I find it interesting that the OK OC law, in place for over 30 months now, didn't cause them to post their OK locations but a similar law in their major market of TX causes them to make the choice to post their stores.

One word: "Austin"

This won't stop me from going to WB. Had they banned CCW, then I'd have boycotted them.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
noted that patrons licensed to carry concealed handguns will still be able to do so in Whataburger

Works for me. I don't like to carry open in town anyway. No gun sign of any kind on the Altus Whataburger this weekend.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"In an open letter on the company's website, Whataburger president and CEO Preston Atkinson described himself as an avid hunter with a concealed-carry license and noted that patrons licensed to carry concealed handguns will still be able to do so in Whataburger".

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy how some of you say you are pro Second Amendment, but agree with liberals about limiting Rights.

Whoa there pardner, you think just because some of us feel it's OK for a business to say "you can carry here, but please be discreet about it", we agree with liberals on limiting rights?

Hyperbole much? :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom