What's a fair price for used canning jars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liquidating some of my mother's estate. She scanned for decades as did my grandmother. Aside from any collectable jars, what's a fair price for mostly quart jars? There are 400-500 of them.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno. We always give them away when we have extras that we know we won't use, and there's been quite a few.

ETA: Last year you couldn't find canning jars due to everyone getting all Home Ec. during the pandemic. So, there may be a call for them now.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liquidating some of my mother's estate. She scanned for decades as did my grandmother. Aside from any collectable jars, what's a fair price for mostly quart jars? There are 400-500 of them.
Wife just bought a 12 pack of qts from Parks ace hardware in Prague and paid 14.99 + tax with lids and rings of course.. They can be found cheaper but it was handy and she needed.. We're also in Lincoln county so we might could be interested when you come up with a value..

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife just bought a 12 pack of qts from Parks ace hardware in Prague and paid 14.99 + tax with lids and rings of course.. They can be found cheaper but it was handy and she needed.. We're also in Lincoln county so we might could be interested when you come up with a value..
They're in Owasso, but I can bring them to my home. Some may have some collectable value. My brother said there are 450 quart jars plus some pints and small jelly jars that mom reused. I'll let you know when I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom