What's a good range bag / backpack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midway USA Range bag has done very well with no zipper issues to date. Good sized and plenty of pockets.

Voodoo tactical - mini mojo. but odds are you'll over pack it and will be tough to carry / lug around. They're backpacks are worth a look too.

Condor????

Naturally Maxpedition or Kifaru or LBT or 5.11 is hit and miss on gear, - but they'll hurt a bit.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently endured the inevitable "gotta find a real range bag" search. It lead me here: http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-BLACK-P555.aspx#

I almost went with Midway's bag, but when it was time to buy, it wasn't on sale and shipping was nothing short of astonishing. To me, anyway...
So, for a few bucks more, I went with the bag in the link.
In the end, the Midway bag would have been just fine and would have sufficed 100%. Just wish I would have caught it when it was on sale....

Good luck with your pursuit.

p.s.
two more cents for ya: big bag = heavy bag. If you don't already have enough stuff to fill it up - you'll buy it. hahaha

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to harbor freight and get some low cost tool bags. Many have pouches and dividers. I use them for ammo and other stuff.

Most of what the OP carries is tools.

Even Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart have tool bags. Tool bags are made to carry heavy tools and work great for ammo and range tools.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for the Midway range bag. Owned mine for a year, and have dragged it to over 3 dozen matches and Boy Scout events. Zippers and stitching still solid. More pockets than I have stuff, and some good wide space in the middle for bulky stuff. My only complaint is the hernia I'm nursing when I overpack it!

kdh77

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife just bought me a new one for father's day from academy. It will easily carry 3 pistols, ammo, and and all my other range crap and parts I always take with me. I think its about 50 lbs full. :eek:
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_07_03_y7e9a4u4.jpg

Edit: did I mention my wife is awesome

Latest posts

Top Bottom