What's a good self defense gun for Grizzlies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stay away from Smith's ESK's. I've "heard" of a few where the internal locks have engaged after the first shot rendering the gun a single shot revolver. But I have no personal first hand knowledge of this either. Either way the mere thought of this possibility should scare anyone into disengaging the lock or simply choosing something else.

I would choose a Glock 20 (sf if available) loaded with 230gr. WFNGC Hardcast or 200gr WFNGC Beartooth Bullets from Double Tap

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking FAL with a converted Bren mag.

Most of the pics I see of guides show either a 12 ga or a medium to heavy magnum caliber rifle. A handgun is great for fighting your way to a long gun. While you might want one for when you really can't carry a long gun, I wouldn't want to rely too heavily on one if a large bear were bearing down on me. JMO

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on what you are doing, and what the laws are, as to what the best gun would be. If I were fly fishing, I'd have a S&W .460 or a .44 mag at minimum. If I were doing something else where I could legally carry a rifle or shotgun, I would carry them instead of a handgun any day of the week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom