What's a good self defense gun for Grizzlies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
once a month, on every gun board on the internet someone moves to alaska and needs this advice. I hope none of you all meet a grizzly face to face, but just like two legged bad guys, there probably is no right answer, just some experiance and tons of hearsay.

My simple advice, the biggest you can afford. Don't be dumb about where you are going. If you do buy or take whatever, then carry it while you are in the wilderness, no matter how heavy that hand cannon is. a .44 mag you carry is a lot better than the slug gun you left in the truck..but from a balistics stand point, the .45-70 guide gun is a hell of a performer. Drives a good size bullet deeeeep, not sure how well I could run with one. Shoulder holsters work well for hand cannons, ensure you can and will shoot it more than once. I hear the 500 smiths are no fun, right after that first shot, so if you are reluctant to shoot it, probably shouldn't buy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom