What's going in your fall gardens??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not being very adventurous this year. Basics for me -- spinach, onions, garlic, lettuce, green beans (pray for them but I think I can get a harvest off them before a hard frost), swiss chard. I have a "weed" garden that I'm encouraging lambsquarter and some wild onions in, as well as some other wild edibles. And my flower gardens are slowly getting switched over to edibles and medicinal plants -- Echinacea, sunflowers, bee balm, day lilies, roses, stuff like that.

I'll see if I can snag some pics for you guys this evening ...

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And so where's the pictures ? I've been a$$holes and elbows busy.. The green / hoop house will get plastic for the 1st time here sometime soon..(hopefully) We'll plant the typical cold hardy greens and root crops, you missed cabbage which makes a many wonderful meal, We'll concentrate on stuff we know we like and use, the warm season garden kicked tail and the wife put up a good bit goods, yesterday she canned 6 pints of red hot apples.. Candied apples with the use of red hot candy.. 18 mo before I retire, then the homestead gets 24-7 till then it's on the wild side..

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I had planted some melons or pumpkins. My Roma’s are spent and my cukes are about done. What kind of starters do they sell now that can go in place of them now?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And so where's the pictures ? I've been a$$holes and elbows busy.. The green / hoop house will get plastic for the 1st time here sometime soon..(hopefully) We'll plant the typical cold hardy greens and root crops, you missed cabbage which makes a many wonderful meal, We'll concentrate on stuff we know we like and use, the warm season garden kicked tail and the wife put up a good bit goods, yesterday she canned 6 pints of red hot apples.. Candied apples with the use of red hot candy.. 18 mo before I retire, then the homestead gets 24-7 till then it's on the wild side..

Good Lord, sorry. I've been busier than a one-armed paperhanger. I decided now was a good time to organize my pantry, catch up on my inventory and fill in some holes, get my sourdough back up and running and learn fermenting so I have some cabbage fermenting in a crock.

We are going out to GlockGirl and ZO6Man's place tomorrow so that's gonna be a bust for pics too. I'll see what I can do Monday. I bought a BUNCH of microgreen seeds today. I'm looking at grow lights and shelving for a corner in the garage. Or my sewing room ... Depends ... Lol

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have walking onions..They never go away!!! I have tops ready to plant.
I have or had 40 quail... cooked 6 yesterday.

I like Bok Choy for fall garden Also called Chinese cabbage.
Grows fast very mild cabbage flavor. eat it raw ..roll some cheese and meat into the leafs and eat it or cook and eat it.

Pams plants near Reno and Western usually has good things to plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom