What's going in your fall gardens??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they do. I had carrots when I lived in Spencer and picked them with snow on the ground.

I had cherry tomato plants that i let grow all along the ground and in the beginning of winter the plants would be close to 25 foot long. I gathered one plant up into a circle and covered with leaf litter thinking in the spring I will burn it.
It had a lot of green tomatoes on it in the winter but i was done picking.

Spring rolls around and I decide to stir the leaf litter up and I discovered a bunch of red tomatoes still attached to the vine.
They Were very tasty!
Vine was still rooted in the ground.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
18 pots of cabbage, 18 pots of broccoli, 18 pots of romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, green onions, carrots, beets and a couple things that may and may not produce, but having a greenhouse gives us a better chance.. We'll see how the weather plays out.. As of now we're still kicking tail with tomatoes, peppers and okra..

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second run of sweet corn should be ready to harvest in another 2 weeks or so, weather has made it really easy this year. The 48” level is for scale. Pic taken today.
80849A98-6200-48B3-903F-EAE2B857B3A3.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting thread so far.
I've looked at plants we can put in 5 gallon buckets to grow in the RV when on the road.
I'm the chief cook, looking for other recipies.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting thread so far.
I've looked at plants we can put in 5 gallon buckets to grow in the RV when on the road.
I'm the chief cook, looking for other recipies.
I cant imagine what you could from in 5 gallon bucket that would be worth that effort. Maybe herbs? We have a pretty crazy garden this tray our fall run had 4 cucumber plants (second run) Jerusalem Artichokes, we intended to have a second run of Collard Greens but our two patches are 3 foot tall and still killing it, I have some Yacon starts out there that Is ill move insides for the winter, we have a second run of radishes, carrots, and beets. This year I planted a few things from the store and they grew like crazy (horseradish, Japanese mountain yam, and Japanese yellow sweet potato, and baby tarot....which oddly enough turns out to be elephant ear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom