What's Happened to the .40 S&W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I opened one of my lockers in the gun room and found 1600 rounds of HST 40SW in it. Had forgotten one of my LEO pals had traded it to me when they switched to Glock 17's. Had to buy a 40SW pistol just in case I needed to shoot this stuff. Bought a nice Red box SIG P229 for $399.99 still have not fired a round of if off. If I ever run out of 45 acp I can go to this setup I guess.View attachment 141883

Tell you what. I'll give you $401.00 for the pistol so you will make a profit and take your 1600 rounds of .40 off your hands since you won't have any need for it, deal?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to send my NH Talon in 40 cal back to the mother ship and have them fit a 10mm barrel to it, then i'll have 2 "dead" rounds in the same gun LOL

I just sold my Wilson CQB in .40 earlier this year. Had I kept it, I would've sent it back in to Wilson, like you, I wanted another "dead round" caliber. :D A 10mm NH will be sweet!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can make snide remarks all you want, I am a 40cal fan but I sit up at guns hows at least 45 week ends a year. The last 1 1/2 to 2 years the 40 has taken a nose dive and has hit bottom. I don't have any to give away, because I quit buying them to sale. I do have a Glock (i think 22) it belongs to a Buddy of mine. It is in the box with 3 mags, he wants $400. So step up here's your chance to buy one.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You let me go through your cache and cull out what you don't really need.

Might take awhile, he's got more than a couple from what I hear...got a few rifles too.

pile 2.png
rifles.png

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to have another .40, and have come close to buying one of the LEO trade ins that have been linked here recently. If they get much cheaper, my sales resistance (or lack thereof) will probably crater. But I just bought a guitar I don't need last Saturday, so I dare not mention a gun to "she who must be obeyed" (SWMBO) until things calm down a little.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to have another .40, and have come close to buying one of the LEO trade ins that have been linked here recently. If they get much cheaper, my sales resistance (or lack thereof) will probably crater. But I just bought a guitar I don't need last Saturday, so I dare not mention a gun to "she who must be obeyed" (SWMBO) until things calm down a little.
Oh no, that means you spent your rifle money on the guitar. Priorities priorities!

Latest posts

Top Bottom