What's the best Auto shotgun Clays/Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll stick with my Belgium Auto 5 for clays and birds. As said above, they just point like they are part of you.
The only frustration I've ever had out of a semi auto was from an 1100 so those are jinxed for me.
Pump guns for self defense (Mossberg for me).
My O/U, SxS and Lever shotguns are safe queens :D

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
lol, its a shotgun and its semi auto so, yeah, it does.

Given the OP question, that's like suggesting a Ford Model A for a car. Like the sweet 16, they're cool, nostalgic, iconic and point well............just as a Model A is, but there's more comfortable, better fuel mileage, easier to find parts for, and easier to fuel mix cars out there. Of all the sweet 16 owners I know that shoot, none of them buy flats of 16g to go shoot clays with. They take their 12g or 20g.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're gonna lug around a 12 ga., it's important to at least look cool while doing it.
www.k_var.com_shop_images_D_VEPR_12_001.jpg

http://www.k-var.com/shop/VPR-12-01.html

Let us know when you post a shotgun that does that for you.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why, a 16 kills as many clays as a 12 if your practiced on it. Hell I've shot clays with a 410. lol

Yep, 1oz load from a 20g, 16g, 12g is still a 1oz load when it leaves barrel lol. I shot sporting clays forever with a Spanish made o/u. Started having firing pin issues, breakages repeatedly and retired it. Fortunately it was about the same time shell prices for 16g and .410 really increased

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 1100 16ga. Got it for Christmas in 1971. It has never failed to shoot. Dove, quail, pheasant, squirrel, rabbit, Turkey, sandhill crane, skeet or clays.

Have a 12ga, 20ga, and 20ga LWT

Remington 1100 has never let me down.

All 4 are 70s-80s guns.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well usually whatever a guy owns he believes that it is the best auto loader. there are several good ones out there. depends if you want to hunt: lighter and shorter, or shoot clays: heaiver and longer. i did shoot my benellie a lot this summer before dove and was suprised how without the gas it did not get dirty.

i really like the beretta line. in competition clays shooting, you will see beretta and remington. that should tell you something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom