What's the best Wireless Router for Cyber Monday 2020 purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to replace my current temperamental router with something hopefully better.
Thinking to make a purchase for something on cyber Monday.

Been too long since I've been around networking and technology, so hoping one of you current networking guru guys (or gals) can give me some advice here pretty quickly.

Searching online sites that review and rate routers, the Netgear brand seems to do well among reviewers. Just don't know whether to trust a lot of those sites that may be hocking a certain brand for their own reasons or profit.

Will be used for laptop, ipad, & phone internet access, and streaming services through Roku and FireTV devices. No gamers in the house. House size is about 2400 sqft. Cox is internet provider.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazon has Netgear Nighthawk AX4200 for $199 compared to bestbuy at $249
any thoughts on that model? Next model up AX5400 is $299

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ubiquity with out a doubt. Fast, stable, scalable from small apt to arenas and public space requirements. I got a plug and play for my Grad student who lives out of area, definitely a tech user but not a techy. I did this not because it was necessarily cheap, rather because I'd have to do no phone trouble shooting or configuration. It's been up for almost a year with zero intervention.

https://www.ui.com/products/#default

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Cox Gigablast top speed connection and use their combo modem/router with zero complaints. Streaming, including 4K, is excellent either over my Apple TV or Samsung TV. I also use two iPads, iPhone, laptop and three TVs always connected. No gamers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom