What's The Deal With Tag Agents?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my kids is turning driving age. You have to set appointments online now and they're booked out at least 60 days. Real id is stupid and it's overwhelming the system. With luck they say it'll die down after 2023.
COVID is causing the kids drivers license appts. We didn’t need to do anything but get entered into the system and get the dang license and still 60 days and drive to Lawton

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are tag agents that still go above and beyond. The one near Choctaw road and 23rd is a walk in first come first served. Was in and out in about 10-15 minutes. Two weeks later the real ID was delivered to my mailbox.
We’ve known Curt a long time. Before moving to Canadian County, all of my business was done with him. My parents still use him exclusively. The parking lot where he is now is a bit of a pain compared to the old spot though!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many Dumbasses They are closing the real id megacenters cause they are too stupid to go there. They got no customers.
Took my son and we both got real id's in like 30 minutes at the Tulsa megacenter.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All that’s required is to “notify DPS in writing of any address change”. Send a registered letter and you should be covered.

Your DL should expire in your birth month. If you walk in the tag agency to update it, they usually change the date of expiration to match the new date of issue.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I screwed up last year and got a real ID but since it was close to my birth month expires this February. Trying to find how to renew real ID is challenging. I’m hoping all I have to do is show my old one with proof of where I live. Does anyone know for sure?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I screwed up last year and got a real ID but since it was close to my birth month expires this February. Trying to find how to renew real ID is challenging. I’m hoping all I have to do is show my old one with proof of where I live. Does anyone know for sure?

Wow!! I can't help you on that unless you go to the DPS in OKC like I did a few weeks back. Since I am a "senior," they automatically set my license expiration to be 5/31/2030.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone will respond with "there are some good ones," and there are. However in my 43 years of driving. I have decided that it is a requirement that you must be, lazy, rude, inconsiderate, and just plain hateful to work at a tag agency. The real ID has only made this worse. Luckily most can be done online now days, even drivers license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom