What's The Deal With Tag Agents?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always suspected that having a Tag Agency is a political thing. Support the right candidate and you get a guaranteed income stream......I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told that here in OK that when you move you have to get a brand new license within 30 days ($25). Also do I need to update my CPL? If so how?

I didn’t find anything that specifically addressed change of license from one state to another if that’s what you’re asking, but, I believe this, is for Oklahoma residents who are moving inside the state.

▼ Title 47 - Motor Vehicles
§ 47-6-116 - Notice Of Change Of Address Or Name.

A. Whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a driver license or identification card, shall:

1. Change the mailing address named in such application;

2. Change the residence address displayed on the license or card issued to the person;

3. Move from the person’s previous county; or

4. Change the name of a licensee by marriage or otherwise,

such person shall notify the Department of Public Safety as provided in subsection B of this section.

B. Within ten (10) days such person shall notify the Department of Public Safety in writing of the number of any driver license and identification card then held by the person and, as applicable:

1. Both the old and new mailing addresses;

2. Both the old and new residence addresses;

3. Both the old and new counties of residence; or

4. Both the former and new names.

C. The Department of Public Safety shall not:

1. Change a county of residence unless the person specifically notifies the Department of such change; and

2. Presume that a new mailing address which is a different county than the old mailing address means that the person has changed his or her county of residence, and shall not change the county of residence unless specifically notified of such change.

Added by Laws 1961, p. 345, § 6-116, eff. Sept. 1, 1961. Amended by Laws 1990, c. 219, § 23, eff. Jan. 1, 1991; Laws 2003, c. 234, § 4, eff. Nov. 1, 2003; Laws 2007, c. 326, § 9, eff. Nov. 1, 2007; Laws 2008, c. 1, § 2.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All that said by Fyrtwuck above, my sister-in-law that moved back to Oklahoma from Kansas went a number of months before getting her new Oklahoma driver's license. Because of requirements for some document that she didn't have with her when we all went to DPS to get our RealID's, she went to a tag agency in Hinton a day or two later and got hers. Nothing was said to her about any kind of penalty, but I don't know if they knew she had gone months with her Kansas license.

Archangel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I moved to Illinois they required a driving test for my CDL, and since I was not working as a CDL driver at the time I did not have access to a truck to take the test in, and renting one for the day required i applyy for an account, get a credit check as well as drop down a $5000 deposit!
Needless to say I drove for more than 5 years on my CA license while living here in Illinois!
I have no clue and no intent on getting one of those stupid REAL ID's, I have my passport if I want to travel!

Archangel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, it never expires?
Kind of like your own, personal inventory number or tag?
We have that, it's called a Social Security Number, and it only expires when you die!
After seeing some of the stupid and underhanded things governments do, when they start seriously wanting something new and improved, and they give it a sweet sounding name (like "Patriot Act", that was anything but Patriotic) I am suspicious (NOT SUS!) of whatever it is they are trying to do, because it's all too often not for your good, but it's for the good of someone else's agenda, and often, it is in reality for your detriment!

Latest posts

Top Bottom