What's The Deal With Tag Agents?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well F me i let mine expire on 4/30 without noticing and HOLY BALLS did i make a mistake.

i've got two firearms waiting at the local pawn shop; thought i would hit the tag agency that is right next to the pawn shop and take care of it.

i walked in and there was a couple (so only one person) being served at the drivers license counter, with one old woman seated. there were 3 employees in the dl section (one of them imo doing nothing).

the couple were going thru some form of abuse about not having correct forms, having PO boxes instead of physical addresses, etc. so they served the old lady. still one employee doing nothing.

the woman serving the old woman is very rude; the old woman clearly suffers from RA and has a hard time manipulating her hands/fingers onto the touch pad for scanning. the employee is EXTREMELY RUDE to her to the point the old woman finally yells out "I'M TRYING!"

eventually employee serving old lady finishes and asks me what she can do for me.

i said i need a drivers license renewal.

she asks if i have an appointment.

i gesture around at the TWO other people in the tag agency and say "do....do I need one?"

ALL of the employees TURN AROUND EN MASSE and engage me about how "IT'S NOT HOW IT USED TO BE!"

so they basically tell me it's $5 to make an appointment; the next available appointment is 3 weeks out.
i can fill out the online renewal form **but the wait time is one year.** she literally told me i would wait **one f'n year** to get my drivers license renewed by online form and then mail.

so i asked the old woman if she had an appointment and she very politely with a smile told me "no!"
right at this moment, someone else came in.
i asked them if they had the next appointment; they said "yes".
the woman told me she couldn't guarantee that i would get served today (this was about 2:30 pm) but if i waited at least 45 minutes there might a chance.
i told her if it was wait 45 minutes or stay until they were closed ***OR WAITING AN ENTIRE YEAR*** obviously i would just sit and smile at them for the rest of the afternoon.

so i did.
no one else came.

i swear to you.
i SWEAR
they just slow walked it.
these ladies, 8 in total, all women, were doing N O T H I N G
i was there
i was waiting
i needed service
but i didn't have the $5 "appointment"
so i couldn't be served
they could do nothing
i could do nothing

it was sheer dystopia.

after about the proverbial 45 minutes another employee appears and comes over the DL side.
she asks if she can help me.
here we go.
she asks to look at my dl.
she takes it.
but then
she does nothing
she just gives me the same rigmarole
but i tell her "well i mean, i guess if i don't get served when you close, i'm going to ask for that dl back because i'd rather have my expired by a few days one than none at all...."
she just laughs
so i back down and wait another 30-45 or so. it's around 3:30 now.

and then
AND THEN
look, i know who i am. i'm a guy who notices fine details and can't turn off the paranoia factor. that's evolved in some people's dna for a reason, but i digress.
i've noticed that while these women are all doing nothing; they are INTENTIONALLY doing nothing.
i hear something about "sign on door"
i notice no one is coming in, for drivers licenses or tags
i notice the women working are all starting to group around each other and their emotions all go from very bitchy and rude to almost instant joy.
still, just that one couple (only one person being served) and one other person (still hasn't been served either, even tho they had the actual appointment), and me.
4 employees now working in the DL area; one of them serving the couple that were there from when i came in (now being told there basically nothing they could do for them), 3 of them doing nothing, two people waiting (myself included).

another person comes in
she sees us sitting and asks me if i'm here for a DL
i tell her "yes, but i don't have an appointment, so you're probably up"
she nervously kinda smiles and sits down.
one employee finally serves guy who came in while i was asking about appointments and whatnot; he'd been waiting close an hour if not more at this point even tho he had an appointment, even tho there were 3 employees doing NOTHING

one of the employees from the tag section comes over and quietly says something to the ONLY woman working the actual DL side. she makes some remark about how "she's always the LAST ONE TO KNOW THE GOOD NEWS!"

i see an employee walking towards the doors with three sheets of paper and some tape.

i understand what's happening.

they don't say a word to the people waiting.
but i know what's happening.

i say quietly but abruptly... "wait a minute.....are....are you closing now? you told me to wait until 6 and i don't mind....."
no one responds to me.

eventually a woman returns my expired by 4 days DL and says "we are closing early due the weather, maybe you come back tomorrow and maybe we can help then?"

so i drove off.

what
the
hell
is
happening

a year wait?
$5 appointment extortion?
strictly following "appointment only schedule"
but closing two hours early, much to the SHEER JOY of the employees, when it gets cloudy?!

needless to say; someone please tell me which small town i can drive to and get a drivers license like tomorrow.
Marlow, really good service

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One can also go to the DMV on North Martin Luther King Blvd and just walk in and get served. Wife and I did that for our Real ID and it took less than an hour for both of us, and that was with having other folks in the waiting room as well.

Just have all the paperwork one needs for the Real ID.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well F me i let mine expire on 4/30 without noticing and HOLY BALLS did i make a mistake.

i've got two firearms waiting at the local pawn shop; thought i would hit the tag agency that is right next to the pawn shop and take care of it.

i walked in and there was a couple (so only one person) being served at the drivers license counter, with one old woman seated. there were 3 employees in the dl section (one of them imo doing nothing).

the couple were going thru some form of abuse about not having correct forms, having PO boxes instead of physical addresses, etc. so they served the old lady. still one employee doing nothing.

the woman serving the old woman is very rude; the old woman clearly suffers from RA and has a hard time manipulating her hands/fingers onto the touch pad for scanning. the employee is EXTREMELY RUDE to her to the point the old woman finally yells out "I'M TRYING!"

eventually employee serving old lady finishes and asks me what she can do for me.

i said i need a drivers license renewal.

she asks if i have an appointment.

i gesture around at the TWO other people in the tag agency and say "do....do I need one?"

ALL of the employees TURN AROUND EN MASSE and engage me about how "IT'S NOT HOW IT USED TO BE!"

so they basically tell me it's $5 to make an appointment; the next available appointment is 3 weeks out.
i can fill out the online renewal form **but the wait time is one year.** she literally told me i would wait **one f'n year** to get my drivers license renewed by online form and then mail.

so i asked the old woman if she had an appointment and she very politely with a smile told me "no!"
right at this moment, someone else came in.
i asked them if they had the next appointment; they said "yes".
the woman told me she couldn't guarantee that i would get served today (this was about 2:30 pm) but if i waited at least 45 minutes there might a chance.
i told her if it was wait 45 minutes or stay until they were closed ***OR WAITING AN ENTIRE YEAR*** obviously i would just sit and smile at them for the rest of the afternoon.

so i did.
no one else came.

i swear to you.
i SWEAR
they just slow walked it.
these ladies, 8 in total, all women, were doing N O T H I N G
i was there
i was waiting
i needed service
but i didn't have the $5 "appointment"
so i couldn't be served
they could do nothing
i could do nothing

it was sheer dystopia.

after about the proverbial 45 minutes another employee appears and comes over the DL side.
she asks if she can help me.
here we go.
she asks to look at my dl.
she takes it.
but then
she does nothing
she just gives me the same rigmarole
but i tell her "well i mean, i guess if i don't get served when you close, i'm going to ask for that dl back because i'd rather have my expired by a few days one than none at all...."
she just laughs
so i back down and wait another 30-45 or so. it's around 3:30 now.

and then
AND THEN
look, i know who i am. i'm a guy who notices fine details and can't turn off the paranoia factor. that's evolved in some people's dna for a reason, but i digress.
i've noticed that while these women are all doing nothing; they are INTENTIONALLY doing nothing.
i hear something about "sign on door"
i notice no one is coming in, for drivers licenses or tags
i notice the women working are all starting to group around each other and their emotions all go from very bitchy and rude to almost instant joy.
still, just that one couple (only one person being served) and one other person (still hasn't been served either, even tho they had the actual appointment), and me.
4 employees now working in the DL area; one of them serving the couple that were there from when i came in (now being told there basically nothing they could do for them), 3 of them doing nothing, two people waiting (myself included).

another person comes in
she sees us sitting and asks me if i'm here for a DL
i tell her "yes, but i don't have an appointment, so you're probably up"
she nervously kinda smiles and sits down.
one employee finally serves guy who came in while i was asking about appointments and whatnot; he'd been waiting close an hour if not more at this point even tho he had an appointment, even tho there were 3 employees doing NOTHING

one of the employees from the tag section comes over and quietly says something to the ONLY woman working the actual DL side. she makes some remark about how "she's always the LAST ONE TO KNOW THE GOOD NEWS!"

i see an employee walking towards the doors with three sheets of paper and some tape.

i understand what's happening.

they don't say a word to the people waiting.
but i know what's happening.

i say quietly but abruptly... "wait a minute.....are....are you closing now? you told me to wait until 6 and i don't mind....."
no one responds to me.

eventually a woman returns my expired by 4 days DL and says "we are closing early due the weather, maybe you come back tomorrow and maybe we can help then?"

so i drove off.

what
the
hell
is
happening

a year wait?
$5 appointment extortion?
strictly following "appointment only schedule"
but closing two hours early, much to the SHEER JOY of the employees, when it gets cloudy?!

needless to say; someone please tell me which small town i can drive to and get a drivers license like tomorrow.

Tag agent in Startford, the one in ada tried that BS with me, drove to Stratford, walked in asked if I could get a DL renewal sure thing, took 15 minutes for a real ID and had in 8 business days, they do get mailed to you.

Be sure to call your state reps and Stitts office, call, write and email, about what happened. Only way to fix it is to not let up.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no need for most to get a DL anymore.
When the Chinese let loose the next plandemic it going to kill 80% of us.
In Tulsa they started narrowing the streets with parking spaces and bike lanes.
Now, they are moving curbs to permanently make them 2 lane streets.
No need for 4 lane if 80% of the population is dead.
New Cars are now a scarce commodity cause dead people can't drive and poor people can't afford them.
That's why it's called a Plandemic, not a Pandemic.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just applied online to renew my OK Drivers License (Class D). Opening the initial 'user account' on OK.gov was a pain, but the rest was not bad.

I found it to be remarkably easy (and I'm over 65 so it's free - well, except for a $1.33 "service fee"). Luckily, I already had a scanned copy of my old drivers license and a copy of my latest passport photo available, before I started the application process... which saved a lot of time. Overall, not a bad experience (I'd rate it an '8' on a scale of '10').

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone in the metro go to Jones tag agency went last week no appointments took 15 minutes took all I needed for a real I’d even though I fly with a passport
JONES! I took my mom and I there 13-14 months ago. We both had expired licenses. I called them asking or an appointment, they said 3 weeks, BUT then she asked if we had expired licenses. "YES. yes, we do have expired licenses." We can take you tomorrow afternoon. BAM! It still took about 45 minutes, but they were very nice (2 or 3 employees working - one may have been named Jennifer or Chrystal) and it is only 8-9 miles from my house. Great experience. I've told several people to skip OKC and go to Jones.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just applied online to renew my OK Drivers License (Class D). Opening the initial 'user account' on OK.gov was a pain, but the rest was not bad.

I found it to be remarkably easy (and I'm over 65 so it's free - well, except for a $1.33 "service fee"). Luckily, I already had a scanned copy of my old drivers license and a copy of my latest passport photo available, before I started the application process... which saved a lot of time. Overall, not a bad experience (I'd rate it an '8' on a scale of '10').
Check back and let us know how long it takes them to mail it to you. 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom