What's the deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the new posters selling guns in the classifieds? I mean,,,,,,,I've never seen so MANY!

Zero postings, but plenty to sell. What's the deal? One I responded to was taking bids! I told him this wasn't an auction site!

I'm somewhat amazed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
With all the new posters selling guns in the classifieds? I mean,,,,,,,I've never seen so MANY!

Zero postings, but plenty to sell. What's the deal? One I responded to was taking bids! I told him this wasn't an auction site!

I'm somewhat amazed.

Who?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a FTF transaction today that involved exchanging a firearm and money, but it was with an ESTABLISHED member. (I was the seller). I'm gonna do another one on Tuesday, when another ESTABLISHED member and I will exchange money for another firearm. (I will be the buyer).

Everyone can deal with the way the classifieds are in their own way. I choose to deal with established members.
I check posts, feedback etc to make sure I'm comfortable before any items or money changes hands.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I did a FTF transaction today that involved exchanging a firearm and money, but it was with an ESTABLISHED member. I'm gonna do another one on Tuesday, when another established member and I will exchange money for another firearm.

I tend to ignore the newbies as well but I still think a minimum post requirement is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to ignore the newbies as well but I still think a minimum post requirement is a good idea.

I hear you, but this is the way the site owner wants to do it. It’s his forum. His rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a newbie when I moved here from Oregon and still pretty much am. I am glad there was no minimum posts. (I have over a 100 verified positive deals on Northwest Firearms)
Just use common sense when dealing with anyone and make sure you always meet at a safe location. Just my .02

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am leery of newbies too, but I deal with people I do not know on Armslist and others so it is not a big deal. I do prefer dealing with established members here but sometimes it just does not go that way. I have had a couple for sale here for a few weeks and they have not moved so I put them on Armslist and have a couple people interested.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was a newbie when I moved here from Oregon and still pretty much am. I am glad there was no minimum posts. (I have over a 100 verified positive deals on Northwest Firearms)
Just use common sense when dealing with anyone and make sure you always meet at a safe location. Just my .02

Everyone was at one point. I think Harley’s point is some new people post nothing but for sale items. Many of us had been here a long time and while it’s questionable if we actually contribute “worthwhile” posts, we do engage in sections other than just classifieds. Now if Drury would just buy the guns Harley and I have for sale it would be a much better forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom