What's the deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold quite a bit of stuff here (guns and reloading supplies mostly) and have purchased a few handguns with established members and I've never had any problems......not sure I'd feel comfortable dealing with a guy that only had 1/2 dozen posts or so but that would be my option.

Speaking of buying stuff......I haven't dealt much with Armslist but I saw this and the guy swears it's unfired, very rare and that Hi-Points are highly collectable.

I'm going to try and get him down to around $925.00 but to me it seems like a steal even at his asking price of only $1095.00......should I make a quick run to the ATM before it's gone ?

Hi-Point 45 ACP.jpg

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the things I have enjoyed for many years is getting something and working with it until I'm bored and then trading it (or selling it) away and moving on to a new item. Much of that has been on here with OSA. I have met some great folks, and I have never had a bad experience. While I normally try to stay with "established" members, there have been some deals with new folks, and each of them have also been enjoyable experiences. If you only stay with folks you know, it's like going to a family reunion! (and you know how that goes)

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also in the camp with let people do what they want, if that is to use this site as their marketing place, fine... you don't have to entertain buying from them. I do recommend to newcomers that they will likely have more credibility and success if they join the conversations for a while before posting in the classifieds, but I don't really support prohibiting them from it. At the same time I wouldn't strongly oppose a small minimum post requirement, but I don't think it's necessary.

But if they turn out to be verified scammers, the admins should crush them like the cockroaches they are! ~Signed, Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'leary

Use your best judgment, consider feedback, buyer beware.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold quite a bit of stuff here (guns and reloading supplies mostly) and have purchased a few handguns with established members and I've never had any problems......not sure I'd feel comfortable dealing with a guy that only had 1/2 dozen posts or so but that would be my option.

Speaking of buying stuff......I haven't dealt much with Armslist but I saw this and the guy swears it's unfired, very rare and that Hi-Points are highly collectable.

I'm going to try and get him down to around $925.00 but to me it seems like a steal even at his asking price of only $1095.00......should I make a quick run to the ATM before it's gone ?

View attachment 151313
Seconds

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the most important thing you can use to identify someone you do want to do business with is how they communicate via text or IM.

High or low post numbers, someone who speaks in coherent sentences offering a reasonable price and saying something like, "hey I can escape the office at lunch and meet you at Academy at 12:15 or right after work" is probably a hundred times more likely to show up than someone shopping the classifieds Wednesday night saying "I can probably get over there Friday or Saturday". They'll often change their mind by Thursday afternoon when they sober up.

There are a few members here I'd absolutely hold something for if asked. They of course do have high post counts and have been around for years.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say I've only gotten "burned" once on a deal here on OSA. That was many years ago when there was a minimum post count before you could post in the Classifieds. He was an established member at the time, but he is no longer around. I "sold" him a powder measure, even made arrangements to get it delivered to him a hundred miles away, and never did get paid.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 151313

You should jump on that. I think it might be the pot metal prototype HK stole to make their VP9. Could be a real collectors item.

Latest posts

Top Bottom