What's the story of your ink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom was never a big fan of tattoos, but she grew to accept them since one of my brothers and I both have them. My other brother is too much of a wussy to get them. 😂 😂 😂

The day I got the one on my shoulder, I was still living at home. I came home from getting the tattoo (road trip to Dallas and back) and went into the bathroom and got a washcloth to cover it. I came out and told her "Mom, can you look at my shoulder, there seems to be something wrong with it." I uncovered the tattoo and she reared back and slapped the holy h8ll out of it. She thought it was a fake tattoo and was screwing with me. The look on her face when she realized it was a real tattoo and how much that hurt was almost worth how much it hurt. We joked about that for many years.
Everytime I even mention getting some ink, Mrs. GED will pinch the sheet out of me over and over to replicate how bad it hurts.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the first one back in May when one of my best friends for almost 40 years was in town. Him, myself and our other friend all got tattoos by the same guy. One after the other.

The 2nd one, I got when I was in Mexico last year. I had thought about getting it for a long time, but never REALLY planned to get it. My wife and I decided we were going to get tattoos while down there and that's the one I settled on. I've had a shirt with that dead happy face on it since I was about 18 (I'm 49 now).

If anyone pays attention to my posts, they'll notice that I use emojis WAY more than someone my age should use. Kinda seemed fitting to have either of those tattooed on me.

Btw: they are on each of my knees. 😆 😆 😆

20230722_224524.jpg
20230722_213421.jpg

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The closest I have ever personally came to death was the time I put a realistic temporary tattoo on my forearm and asked my dad if he like it. He was out of his chair and halfway across the room with murder in his eyes before I could get out that it was temporary. I still don't want anything on my skin that I can't get off with soap and water. I've seen many tattoos that I felt were works of art, but I've not seen one that I was certain I wanted for the rest of my life.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
G Gordan Liddy said that tattoos were poor mans artwork.
That way, when you get evicted you don't have to go back grab it off the wall.

That was his opinion.
However, no tats for me please.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is me. Lots of guys have ink now, but I'll never get over the idea that you're just marking yourself up because you either have an inflated self worth or very low self esteem and need something to make you special. Girls with tats are always easy (this is a fact, even those post menopausal women), and guys with tats have self esteem issues if you talk to them for more than 10 minutes (80% fact? Jury's still out).

I also find that I treated people differently when they have a tattoo. I'm more likely to promote a non-tat person to a public position, whereas tats go in the back. (Think hostess and waiter vs cook or janitor). I don't want people thinking they're getting hepatitis from their food. I'm obviously not in foodservice anymore but back then (5 years ago) I wanted the cleanest appearance facing forward, and let's face it tattoos aren't a clean look.
That's Bad! and not right!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one tat years ago when I was in the service. I had a small pair of lips put on my a$$. Sadly they got removed the hard way a few years after I got out. In case you are wondering, yes a small dog can take a pretty large chuck out of you, if you are naked and on top of his owner. Especially if he thinks you are hurting her.
Rottweiler- Rump Roast!

Latest posts

Top Bottom