What's this 30-06 Garand Ammo worth ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every where I searched, it averages out to about $1.15-$1.30 ish per round...the 192rd cans with the en bloc clips go for more it seems. Saw some as high as $2 per round.

Sealed in the spam can will go for more per round. HXP is very good stuff depending on the year, and highly reloadable. Some guys are getting 8-10 reloads out of a single case, though 5-6 is the usual.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Sealed in the spam can will go for more per round. HXP is very good stuff depending on the year, and highly reloadable. Some guys are getting 8-10 reloads out of a single case, though 5-6 is the usual.
That was an avg. There are some much higher. The actual number avg was $1.25 per round like your 480rds for $600. The 192 spam cans were much higher.
There is a noticeable difference in price between the en bloc spam cans and the regular spam cans.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot up a full can of 1968 Greek through my Garand and old Mauser heavy barrel target rifle. Accuracy was ok, not great but all shot good, had 1 stuck case and extractor peeled off the rim. Sprayed PB Blaster penetrating oil down barrel, Punched out the primer with a cleaning rod down the barrel, cut the patch eye off a patch tool and was able to lightly tap out the primer with it. Threaded a self tap coarse thread screw in the primer hole and was able to pull case out with a small vice grip while my dad tapped on the rod. Resizing those cases I found a few that my rifles extractor mangled the rim a bit, soft brass? I have had Sellior and Bellot 3006 do that too

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot up a full can of 1968 Greek through my Garand and old Mauser heavy barrel target rifle. Accuracy was ok, not great but all shot good, had 1 stuck case and extractor peeled off the rim. Sprayed PB Blaster penetrating oil down barrel, Punched out the primer with a cleaning rod down the barrel, cut the patch eye off a patch tool and was able to lightly tap out the primer with it. Threaded a self tap coarse thread screw in the primer hole and was able to pull case out with a small vice grip while my dad tapped on the rod. Resizing those cases I found a few that my rifles extractor mangled the rim a bit, soft brass? I have had Sellior and Bellot 3006 do that too

Do you remember the lot number? I know some lots were rather so-so, but all the 1968 dated HXP I shot was excellent.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad bought 4 cases from CMP, we were at Whittington Center Range, Dad said I coud shoot up a can, weeeeee free ammo. My Mauser was a heavy stainless barrel with Lyman peep rear and globe front sight. That ammo shot real good 1 1/2" group at 600yds in it, but paper plate size groups out of my Garand. Sorry I dont know the lot number

Latest posts

Top Bottom