What's Up With Walther?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always loved the looks of the PPK and thought one in .22 would be a great trail companion. I ended up buying a Bersa Thunder .22 for about $275 and it has much better ergonomics and trigger than any PPK and has been 100% totally reliable with CCI ammo but any cheap under powered ammo won't push the heavy steel slide all the way back. I get rid of guns pretty quickly if I don't absolutely love them and I plan on keeping it for a long time.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
James Bond was the only one that could shoot one and he never seemed to aim at all. It must have been a glock

One quick shot with a .32ACP Walther PPK and the bad guy was neatly and instantly dispatched. Of course, it hit "...Like a brick thrown through a plate glass window".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned two one was made by S&W and the other was a umarex. I tried to like them but honestly I couldn't wait to get rid of them. Heavy triggers and the pistol just didn't fit my hand at all.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about those Bersa pistols, but, they just aren't a PPK. (They may actually be a better pistol than them though). I wish I had my Uncle's old German post-war (Ulm Mfg) PPK in .22LR. I don't know what happened to that gun; somebody in the family besides me scarfed that thing up. I also wish I still had my old Interarms PPK/S. I really wish that Walther would start making the PPK and PPK/S in the original design again without the mods S&W decided to throw in on them.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about those Bersa pistols, but, they just aren't a PPK. (They may actually be a better pistol than them though). I wish I had my Uncle's old German post-war (Ulm Mfg) PPK in .22LR. I don't know what happened to that gun; somebody in the family besides me scarfed that thing up. I also wish I still had my old Interarms PPK/S. I really wish that Walther would start making the PPK and PPK/S in the original design again without the mods S&W decided to throw in on them.

I agree. If Walther were to make a quality PPK or PPK/s again, I would buy it! Just a great little gun. Are there better guns? Sure. But the Walther just has that cool vibe that makes you smile when you hold it ... Like picking up a nice 1911 or SAA revolver ... you can't help but smile.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was the Interarms Walther PPK/S .380 I bought new in the early 1990's and sold last year to an employee at a local gun shop.

Walther in case.jpg

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked the guy I sold it to a couple of weeks ago how he liked it. He said he sold it to a doctor last year who was looking for a Walther PPK/S. He said he asked the doc how he liked it and doc said he hadn't taken it out to shoot yet.

Those are nice! I had a couple; wish I hadn't let them slip out of my hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom