What's Up With Walther?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice collection! I'll admit I'm a pre plastic Walther junky. Had a NIB P38K in 30 luger for a little bit. I can't imagine what that pistol is worth these days.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CCP started out with so much promise. Gas-delayed blowback operation like the legendary HK P7, with the lightest recoil spring weight around, so that it was easy for almost anyone to rack the slide, with a fixed barrel for accuracy, all wrapped in a slim, compact package, it was everything a really good carry gun should be. Except for the execution of that brilliant design, that is. The CCP has been plagued with problems since its inception. Maybe Walther has worked the bugs out of it by now. But it has a lot of bad press to overcome. Only time will tell....

I believe the CCP is actually an Umarex product. (Sad). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CCP started out with so much promise. Gas-delayed blowback operation like the legendary HK P7, with the lightest recoil spring weight around, so that it was easy for almost anyone to rack the slide, with a fixed barrel for accuracy, all wrapped in a slim, compact package, it was everything a really good carry gun should be. Except for the execution of that brilliant design, that is. The CCP has been plagued with problems since its inception. Maybe Walther has worked the bugs out of it by now. But it has a lot of bad press to overcome. Only time will tell....
We looked at that carry gun for my wife because she has issues racking the slide on most of the Semi Auto's.
The reviews steer'd us away.
Went with the Sig P-938 that was the easiest for her after a couple of rental range sessions.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I have a CCP, and except for the weird ass take-down, I have had no problem with mine. If they could do something about the way she is taken down it would be almost the perfect pistol for CC.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice collection! I'll admit I'm a pre plastic Walther junky. Had a NIB P38K in 30 luger for a little bit. I can't imagine what that pistol is worth these days.

Somewhere over 1400.00 when they show up for sale. The P38K, P4, P-IV, were all grouped together in the same serial number block with the P4 being the most produced, and the P-IV the least, an the P38K somewhere in the middle. Less than 6000 total were made. I would love to get my hands on a P38K. I still carry my P5 cause I find it one of the finest pistols ever made. It is a little on the thick side for carry, but it is such a great shooter for having such a short barrel. Sorry I got sidetracked there. I just love my Walther pistol's.

Okvet03, I think you an I have done some trades and sell's together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom