Whats your favorite caliber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For pistols, I really enjoy shooting my 45acp guns. For rifles, I do enjoy my 308 M1A Scout but since I got the CZ527FS and the BCM AR, the .223/5.56 is hard not to place as my current favorite. Have not shot my 45-70 yet ... once I do I expect that one will be hard to beat.

EDIT ... while technically not a caliber I would have to add the 12ga to my list.

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a stable full of 6.8 spcII, thousands of bullets, thousands of factory loads. it's fun, accurate, and hard hitting. lots of hogs down texas way have been eradicated with the caliber. a couple of x39's are fun to shoot, 556 fun to shoot but the crack seems to penetrate my hearing protection, once i tamed the 308's with adjustable gas blocks they're fun now.

i enjoy working up loads for all the calibers

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the OP called for one caliber, but I'm noticing the .45 ACP love.
Love my 1911 in .45ACP. Its amazing when I take folks to our range to shoot and they pull out their 9mm to blast away.
Give them the Kimber Stainless Target II competition gun, and its like a light came on. Its not a snap, its a push.
My wife chose to take the .45 vs her 9mm to her CC qualification because she shoots it so much better. She told me the instructors were like WTF?
BTW she got her CC card Saturday and it only took three weeks.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like a 7mm Rem Mag, but I could only have one rifle for everything, 308.
My 308:
20150624_144620.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom