What's your favorite local news station?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually flip to Channel 4 on the rare occasion that I watch local news, because I am good friends with a gal who works there, and have hung out with some of the other folks who work there. Pretty much the only time I watch local news is when it looks like tornado weather though.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far, it's all been responses from OKC, so let me break the ice for Tulsa and give a vote for the News on 6, KOTV. They remind me of the camaraderie of my favorite news station back in southern New Jersey/Philadelphia, WPVI-6, the original home of Action News. I also like the way that Travis Meyer and the weather team handle severe weather reporting--no standing in front of a blue screen pointing out things on a map. they let the radars and pictures tell the stories.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my phone I use KOTV and KJRH apps for news and KTULs app for weather, but at home watching TV KOTV is the all around best station in Tulsa, to me. I like Travis's weather (but he did lose me there for a bit when he had it out 'on air' with a storm chaser during the tornado touchdown in BA recently that is a friend in my social circle, Mark Folta, and he's mysteriously not a chaser or even there anymore after that night). When I grew up my mom watched and still does KTUL, my gramma watched KJRH. My wife watches KJRH. I live in 2 different places during the year so I have to get used to different stations at both places.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far, it's all been responses from OKC, so let me break the ice for Tulsa and give a vote for the News on 6, KOTV. They remind me of the camaraderie of my favorite news station back in southern New Jersey/Philadelphia, WPVI-6, the original home of Action News. I also like the way that Travis Meyer and the weather team handle severe weather reporting--no standing in front of a blue screen pointing out things on a map. they let the radars and pictures tell the stories.

And Lori Fullbright :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom