What's your favorite local news station?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my phone I use KOTV and KJRH apps for news and KTULs app for weather, but at home watching TV KOTV is the all around best station in Tulsa, to me. I like Travis's weather (but he did lose me there for a bit when he had it out 'on air' with a storm chaser during the tornado touchdown in BA recently that is a friend in my social circle, Mark Folta, and he's mysteriously not a chaser or even there anymore after that night). When I grew up my mom watched and still does KTUL, my gramma watched KJRH. My wife watches KJRH. I live in 2 different places during the year so I have to get used to different stations at both places.
Yeah, I remember that incident well...the BA tornado.

Pssssh...when travel finally gave Mark Folta the time of day, Mark was all:
"Yeah I'm uh under the bridge now hanging from the rafters!!!"
lulz

Apparently Travis subsequently publicly apologized for his wrong doing..
(and pretty much endangering his spotter.)..but it definitely wasn't THAT night.
But yeah, not a trace of Mark after that incident...
Now of course hes over at KJRH Tulsa ch2

Eh, btw...where DO ya' know Mark from? The music scene or whatevs?
Just curious...I played in several bands along side him back in the day. lol

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter went to school with Lacey Swope. A friend of mine was a big fan, we got her to email him. He refused to believe she actually sent it, thought I spoofed it. As a practical joke, it was mildly humorous, but his arguments for why she couldn't have sent it herself were hysterical, he was just TOO smart to fall for such a prank. :rollingla

okie ruger shooter

Don't look for no trouble don't receive no trouble
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Fox 23 app on my phone when the weather is bad as their radar is super simple to use.

Don't watch the broadcast news for info on current affairs as I have several other sources that are unbiased and not censored or push an agenda.

Last edited:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about resurrection....
True, but that does allow me to update my answer. I originally wrote:
I also like the way that Travis Meyer and the weather team handle severe weather reporting--no standing in front of a blue screen pointing out things on a map. they let the radars and pictures tell the stories.
About two or three years ago, things changed at KOTV. Suddenly, Travis was standing in front of the weather map, just like everyone else. I finally had a chance to ask Travis why when he was appearing at a Bob Mills Furniture 50th Anniversary event last year. He confirmed what I had surmised--consultants had forced him in front of the green screen. He didn't appear happy at their decision, but you do what your bosses tell you to if you want to stay employed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom