Whats your favorite movie gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ZPPAiXl.gif

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The U.N.C.L.E. Special,,,
They just don't get any cooler than that one.

www.imfdb.org_images_thumb_d_df_UNCLE_Mauser_P01.jpg_400px_UNCLE_Mauser_P01.jpg

For some reason I thought it was based on a P-38,,,
But IMFDB.ORG says it was based on a Mauser.

I had the toy when I was a kid,,,
I was the envy of every boy in my neighborhood.

Aarond

P.S. I am utterly amazed that nobody has mentioned Lucas McCain's Winchester or Josh Randall's mare's leg.

...LOL...OMG....I had one of these too, ..I think mine was an P-38 ...?.I also was the envy of the boys but alas I was only ten.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The U.N.C.L.E. Special,,,
They just don't get any cooler than that one.

www.imfdb.org_images_thumb_d_df_UNCLE_Mauser_P01.jpg_400px_UNCLE_Mauser_P01.jpg

For some reason I thought it was based on a P-38,,,
But IMFDB.ORG says it was based on a Mauser.

While it's true that the first iteration of the U.N.C.L.E. Special was a 1934 Mauser Pocket Pistol in .32ACP, the gun was found to be too underpowered to cycle blanks reliably. It was also too small to reliably handle all the accessories. The show's armorer had to borrow Walther P38s from the Combat set to complete the second episode. This is what led them to make the "Mark II" U.N.C.L.E. Special, a modified P38. Six pistols were converted, with two of them being modified for the complete carbine conversion and full auto operation. This caused the Treasury Department to fine MGM $2000 for the unauthorized modifications. There were also non-functional resin guns made as substitutes when the real weapons were not needed.

There is an entire website devoted to the U.N.C.L.E. Special guns. It gives a more detailed history of the guns and you can even buy airsoft or resin replicas of either the Mauser or the Walther versions of the gun. The site is The U.N.C.L.E. Gun.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any love for the Cobra Assault Cannon (state-of-the-art bang bang)?

Of course Robocop's pistol deserves some credit too. Burst fire and endless ammo? Yes please!

Latest posts

Top Bottom