What's Your Favorite Multitool Brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand multitool?

• Leatherman

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Gerber

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Victorixox

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other (specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have any of the big time multitools.
I do have several of the mini multitools from bass pro to keep on key chains and in the console of the boat and truck.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
S.O.G. Powerlock

1625202236991.png

1625202263173.png

1625202296403.png

Every tool positivly locks. I have cut barbed wire with this tool and have no damage. The pliers are incredibly strong and have a gear mechanism. the handle has covers that keep the outside of the tool smooth and easy to grip. It has a spring loaded 1/4 inch socket drive that really works.
I bought this about 1999 for about $65 at Hunzicker. It has been my EDC tool since then. I have played with Gerber, Leatherman, and elcheapo's but this thing can handle anything I want to do. It eaven has an engraved ruler.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After carrying nearly all of the big name brands for nearly 20 years while working in field service, I found that I liked the Leatherman the best, specifically the Leatherman Wave above their other models. It suited the needs for my job the best. The Victorinox (can't remember which model I used) was very well made. Leathermans were always well made and seemed to be the most durable. SOG were good as well. Gerber comes in last for me. I remember I could swap out about 95% of the parts in our equipment with a Leatherman Wave and a 7mm nut driver.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There is a leatherman wave at every place I might need one. If I’m hunting, fishing or working there is one on my hip. There’s an extra in my personal truck and my work truck,workbench and household tool bags.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I honestly am not a big fan of multi tools, I like the gerber multi tools, because I hate having to need two hands to get the leather man pliers out. I can flick the pliers out with a flick of my wrist with these. This is actually the same tool I was issued in Afghanistan back in 2010. Hasn’t failed me yet. All the tools lock back and it is overall a great tool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 24775EFA-DE9D-4BFB-9B41-5AEEBD1E81E5.jpeg
    24775EFA-DE9D-4BFB-9B41-5AEEBD1E81E5.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 48

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same. Not bad as far as light duty goes. I’ve been looking at a Leatherman Surge to replace it though.... considered the OHT as I love the one handed opening aspect but I really want something that is built to be used harshly.
While I honestly am not a big fan of multi tools, I like the gerber multi tools, because I hate having to need two hands to get the leather man pliers out. I can flick the pliers out with a flick of my wrist with these. This is actually the same tool I was issued in Afghanistan back in 2010. Hasn’t failed me yet. All the tools lock back and it is overall a great tool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom