What's Your Favorite Multitool Brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand multitool?

• Leatherman

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Gerber

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Victorixox

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other (specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I honestly am not a big fan of multi tools, I like the gerber multi tools, because I hate having to need two hands to get the leather man pliers out. I can flick the pliers out with a flick of my wrist with these. This is actually the same tool I was issued in Afghanistan back in 2010. Hasn’t failed me yet. All the tools lock back and it is overall a great tool.

Pretty much, I have my Gerber Diesel from Iraq in '08 and its still plugging along just fine.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a leatherman wave that I used when working.I used a small pair of channel locks, medium crescent and a 6 in 1 screwdriver for most of the projects.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Full size/I'm a Swiss Tool kinda guy.
Keychain/Leatherman

I've been looking hard at the Victorinox and reading a lot of reviews. Just hate that they don't reveal the steel they use in anything they make for the money they want. Might take a chance anyway as they seem to be universally loved.

S.O.G. Powerlock

View attachment 211945

View attachment 211946

View attachment 211947

Every tool positivly locks. I have cut barbed wire with this tool and have no damage. The pliers are incredibly strong and have a gear mechanism. the handle has covers that keep the outside of the tool smooth and easy to grip. It has a spring loaded 1/4 inch socket drive that really works.
I bought this about 1999 for about $65 at Hunzicker. It has been my EDC tool since then. I have played with Gerber, Leatherman, and elcheapo's but this thing can handle anything I want to do. It eaven has an engraved ruler.

I have my eye on one of these too. Really like the sound of the compound leverage part. Price isn't terrible either. And until yesterday I didn't even know SOG made a multitool like this. :hithead:

While I honestly am not a big fan of multi tools, I like the gerber multi tools, because I hate having to need two hands to get the leather man pliers out. I can flick the pliers out with a flick of my wrist with these. This is actually the same tool I was issued in Afghanistan back in 2010. Hasn’t failed me yet. All the tools lock back and it is overall a great tool.

I have a MP600? series that came with an OTIS kit I picked up at some point and really like the one hand opening myself as I almost always have something in hand when I find I need a tool for it.

Good info, keep it coming!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have the blackened stainless Leatherman that I bought almost 30 years ago (it's old enough that it's just a Leatherman). It's worn enough that I can open it one-handed, and its leather holster is repaired with some Kevlar thread, but it's still in good working condition--plus, it has a blasting cap crimper just in case I wander across a demolition site and they're in desperate need.

What I usually carry is a Leatherman Wingman, but I do have a Gerber multitool in the truck. It is nice to be able to flick my wrist to get the pliers out, I will grant you that.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always carried Swiss Army knives and still love them but leatherman multitools have bumped them out of my “favorite” spot the last few years. It’s the pliers! They come in handy so often I’d have a hard time switching back to a multi tool that didn’t have a pair.
I EDC a skeletool and have a larger one I keep in a bag, can’t remember the model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom