Whats your ideal "truck gun"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, the best truck gun is the one that goes with me when I get out of the truck (currently a Shield 9mm). I've had my truck stolen before and I just can't stomach the idea of one of my guns getting into the wrong hands because it was stolen again (BTW: for a few years, a 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab was the 2nd most stolen vehicle in the country). I'm not saying no one should ever leave their guns in their vehicles, I just know that I can't do it.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An ideal truck gun depends on its potentially intended use. In an urban environment, I throw my AR pistol in 300 BLK in the backpack and go. If I am in open wheat fields with the potential for taking coyotes, it's a 16" HBR AR. For SE OK, or any area of heavy brush coupled with anything else you run into in good ol' boy country, it's hard to beat a lever action 30-30.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 132

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Upon further review, I would like to, and will tonight change my ideal truck gun to my 45-70. The AR and I had a nice relationship in the truck, but after seeing a LARGE something on the crick today (Jen swears it was Sasquatch) I am trading out speed for mass for a bit. I personally could not make out a Squach, but I truly believe it was a very, very large hog. But from 150 yards and in the grass who knows for sure. It was NOT a Black Mountain Lion though, I am almost certain... lol

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go back and forth. Rolling light, it's a G17 with red dot and a shockwave blade. Good to 150 yards for me.

Rolling heavier, AR pistol, 10.5" with a 1-6 variable.

Sometimes, a pistol grip 12 gauge.

I won't leave a gun in the truck overnight, so it's a pain to carry it out and back every day, so most days it's just me and my carry pistol.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had a truck and a gun at the same time I would have to put a Mini 14 and a Colt 1911 in there, and maybe some (lots) of extra mags full of ammo. Oh, wait, I do have a truck........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom