When a sneeze does you in..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This morning I was leaning over my work piece, when a violent and unexpected sneeze caused me to smack my head. It hurt, but was funny in the moment. I didn't think anyone saw it, so I just carried on.
Later upon returning from lunch, I noticed that everybody was in the bosses office having a good laugh, so I went in to see what was so amusing....
Somebody DID see it. Our foreman had it pulled up on the camera feed, and had it playing on a loop with some ******** heavy metal dubbed over so it looked like I was head-banging.

Assholes...
Funny stuff, right there

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, a sneeze got me an ambulance ride.

In my early 20's, was mechanic/welder for an oil field service company, and was off work for a few days with a mild (I thought) back injury.

Don't remember if I was putting on or pulling off a T-shirt, but a sneeze hit me with my arms up and in an awkward position. I felt something sort of "pop" in my back.

Made it to the couch, but when I tried to get up, wound up in the floor. That's where I was when the ambulance arrived. Spent a week (maybe 10 days?) in the hospital in traction, then another few weeks in traction at home.

Sneezes are nothing to sneeze at... :D
___

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every doctor I have seen and talked to about sneezing has said to NEVER, absolutely NEVER turn your head and sneeze. Always, sneeze straight forward. You have the capability to ruin your back and neck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom