When, And Why, Did Customer Service Die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was delivered today. They did tell me the pallet forks wouldn't be here until tomorrow. The kid who dropped it off basically just dropped the trailer and acted like he really didn't want to be there. That didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On the positive side, the tractor was in immaculate condition as were the implements, all the fluids were good, the fuel tank was full, everything was properly adjusted and it was pretty much ready to go to work.

I spent 3.5 hours on it repairing a badly washed out driveway and doing a little work with the 60" rotary cutter. Everything worked like a champ. As usual, I'm very pleased with John Deere's products. This is my 3rd. It's not as well-equipped as the 2038R w/backhoe I had in Idaho, but it was a much better value and I got almost all the implements I needed in the deal...including the trailer. I was skeptical about the value of the package deal until I started pricing tractor, implements and trailer separately. It saved us probably $6000.

As usual, I'll write a very fair and honest review about my experience at P&K and I'll let Deere corporate know when I get their customer satisfaction survey.

Package Sm.jpg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just as unimpressed with bad customer service as anybody else.
And in these times, it doesn't matter if the sales thief that "helps" you is young, old, male, female or whatever.

There is one factor that SOMETIMES comes into play**: I guess I move with the wrong crowd because I seem to hear relatives/acquaintances complaining about terrible customer service, etc. -- right after they were bragging about how they beat the seller down to a ridiculously low price.
Now that doesn't excuse lousy customer service, but you'd think after a few times around and around the same mulberry tree, the knot head customers would notice a trend or something.

**Notice I said that SOMETIMES comes into play. I'm sure none of the rest of you know anybody like the fellows I'm describing.
There's a deal that comes to mind.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This opinion will not be popular but here’s my take on why CS sucks these days, and I agree it does suck.

People are not invested in most jobs any longer. The race to duel income misery households, absentee parents, the destruction of pension funds/benefits plans, the almighty stock price above all else that companies are operated on nowadays (gotta keep the 401k scam believable so they keep working!), skeleton staffing with no ****s given about the employees, so the employees don't give a **** about the job or company. And why should they? You are forced to acknowledge by signature that you are an at will disposable employee. Every customer wants to whip out a cell phone and catch ya doing something stupid so they can get those clicks on twatter or fakebook or insta or snap cuck or tac tic.

All this adds up to divested employees. This creates a viscous cycle where employers are desperate for employees because their policies create unsustainable turnover, which allows more employees to quit because they know they can easily get another **** job.

So no one cares.

I checked out of working for anyone years ago and will never have an employer again. I give great service because I’m invested in my business and my Dad told me a million times, “if you are gonna do a job half ass, don’t do it at all!” as he popped me on the back of the head or kicked me in the ass.

In summation, workers don’t care and I don’t blame ‘em one bit.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was delivered today. They did tell me the pallet forks wouldn't be here until tomorrow. The kid who dropped it off basically just dropped the trailer and acted like he really didn't want to be there. That didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On the positive side, the tractor was in immaculate condition as were the implements, all the fluids were good, the fuel tank was full, everything was properly adjusted and it was pretty much ready to go to work.

I spent 3.5 hours on it repairing a badly washed out driveway and doing a little work with the 60" rotary cutter. Everything worked like a champ. As usual, I'm very pleased with John Deere's products. This is my 3rd. It's not as well-equipped as the 2038R w/backhoe I had in Idaho, but it was a much better value and I got almost all the implements I needed in the deal...including the trailer. I was skeptical about the value of the package deal until I started pricing tractor, implements and trailer separately. It saved us probably $6000.

As usual, I'll write a very fair and honest review about my experience at P&K and I'll let Deere corporate know when I get their customer satisfaction survey.

View attachment 279879

Nice tractor and looks like a nice place too!

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because we all decided that outsourcing our products overseas was more important than workers here in the USA. Back in the day, American companies relied on the good will of their community. today, MegaCorps outsources all their **** overseas. even their customer service has an indian accent. Can't attract good people that care about their jobs if you don't care about your workers or customers. in the old days, you'd get a decent wage and a pension. nowadays, if you can even get a job, you'll be lucky to make enough just to feed yourself.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured customer service went out the window when customers started expecting more for less. They always want a little something extra or something for nothing. Just to prove they're a good customer. You can only stretch those budgets so far, so not everyone gets what they think they deserve. And if people don't feel like they're getting over on the seller, they complain about it until someone gives them an atta boy.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 279879
That’s a dang nice little Deere. :thumb:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing.

I phoned my CPAP local provider a week ago and explained I had a problem with it.

Girl told me that so and so would call me back.

That never happened, all the rest of last week, and up to the close of business Tuesday 6-14-22.

I called multiple times Yesterday, Tuesday 14th, the receptionist/operator always answered but all I could do was continue to leave voice mails for any one of the 4 people who would normally take care of me.

It's not a live or death situation, but it's important to me for my health and well being.

However, it is a Medical type company, and it's absolutely inexcusable to not return call me, after me leaving many voice mails, for a solid week.

This, and all the other crappy service everywhere, is usually answered with "Oh it's Covid, we're short handed" or 'OH sorry our computers are down" or "Oh gee our phones are down" or similar. None of those are especially true, it's just what immediately flies out of their mouths just to try to get a customer/patient/whoever off their back so they can go back to their goofing off etc.

And to add to it, it's so common now that company owners/manager/presidents/vice presidents, etc, eager to boost their profits and profit sharing and income, are so dang greedy they look for every nickel to cut from their budget and expenses so they can say screw you Mr/Mrs Customer/Patient/Client/whatever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom