When, And Why, Did Customer Service Die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly time is money and you've been left waiting. You know dang well they wouldn't wait for you days on end while you kicked tires. They need to make ya feel the love when they screw up like that not duck and cover.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new Chevy truck on a Friday in 2017. I used the dealer's lender so they would get credit and I got a lower price. I also received loyalty, other incentives and rebates that lowered the price more. I paid the truck off on the following Monday.

One morning about a month later the "credit manager" calls me and said the loyalty rebate didn't go through and asked how I would like to pay the $1,500 to reimburse them.

I told them 1, that they need to provide additional training to their sales people, because they told me I qualified for all the rebates that were provided, and 2 that their contract states that if the price of the vehicle changes, I could return it for a full refund.

I told them I would be there at 4:00 to drop it off and to pick up my check for the full amount.

At about noon, the "finance manager" call me and said they would split the difference of the $1,500 with me. I told him nope, I would see them at 4:00.

About 3:00 the "sales manager" calls me and said they would eat the $1,500 and I didn't need to return the truck. I told him I would be there at 4:00 to pick up a letter stating I didn't owe anything on the vehicle and that they would never harass me again. He said that was not necessary and that the issue was closed.

I returned to the dealership a few times for free oil changes and warranty / recall work, but would have a hard time buying anything else from them.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
From P&K's website; call the store manager.
Address:

13920 County Road 3530
Ada, OK 74820
Get Directions

Email:

[email protected]

Primary:

580-332-2422

Fax:

580-332-9424

Hours:

Monday - Friday: 7:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday: 7:30am to 1:00pm

Store Manager: Sid Griffin

Service Manager: John Tamez

Parts Manager: Tanner Bourne

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well handled SlugSlinger. What it is with places trying to scam and pull every dirty trick they can these days.

Customer service has gone along with everything else. At some point companies decided that their name wasn't worth anything any longer, much the same way that people don't have any self respect any longer. When you don't care about your name, then you do whatever you want, the same is true for companies as it is for people. Then the time came where nobody wanted to work anymore. There is literally no one there to provide service, customer service or otherwise. They great irony to me is that back when women weren't so much in the workforce, there were plenty of workers, but now, even with women and men in the workforce, there aren't enough workers. Hmmmmm, maybe it is the all the free money people have voted themselves that is the problem.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I hear what everybody is saying about customer service, I got a little upset Saturday night at Razzoo's restaurant. Ordered a margarita and when it was finally brought I asked for some olive juice, waitress looked at me kinda funny but said ok. Finally got our meal and I told the girl she could take the drink back because it wasn't any good but I thought the olive juice would help but I never got any. She asked if I wanted an olive. Food was just mediocre. We stay( not really, they are all great) on our staff about customer service, that is what keeps us in business. Prescriptions with insurance will cost you the same every where except mail order. we have many 3rd generation and some 4 generation patients. That speaks for itself

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're absolutely right, skyhawk1.

I owned a little gun shop in the mountains of Colorado for 12 years. I never really bought into the old saying, "The customer is always right." Because they're not. BUT... They're still the customer and without them you don't have a business. Not a profitable one, anyway. I went out of my way to treat customers exactly how I wanted to be treated.

I noticed something when we were in the middle of selling one house and buying another recently. If someone called requesting information required to move the process along we dropped everything to get that information. But if we contacted the realtor (for the house we were buying) we were lucky to ever hear back from him. I got pretty fed up with him and told him if he didn't start communicating with us we'd find someone who would. He seemed to get the message.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last November we ordered a dining table and chairs from Ashley furniture.
Suppose to be delivered about nov 15th
Promises, promises finally went out a cancelled the order May 15th.
They had even sold the display without asking if we wanted it. It was for my daughter. Then she found one she liked better on facebook marketplace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom