When, And Why, Did Customer Service Die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait until you get stage 4 cancer and standing in the Dr office waiting for a response from the administrator about a prescription they didn’t order for you. You stand there waiting for the admin to move the prescription to a pharmacy that had it in stock. The admin looks over to the office manager and says “THEY ARE STILL HERE”.

This happened to my FIL with my wife standing there with him.

When your life is dependent on someone else to do their job and they treat you like a nuisance, you realize things are worse than you could ever imagine!
Oh brother, I would have gone off. That doctor would have been summoned and that admin and office manager would have been chewed.

"Yes, I am still here, and I'm really sorry my life is being shortened and you are a little bit inconvenienced by doing what you are being paid to do. I surely hope your oncologist treats you or your son or daughter better than you have treated me. I also wonder how many people you have inconvenienced to death because of your lack of any work ethic and obviously your lack of upbringing." I shall endeavor to locate another doctor unless you apologize and start to do your job.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Continuing this line of thought

My wife has been to several doctors recently. Both have requested results of tests by another doctor. Both claim they had not received the results so my wife today, on her day off, went to the testing place to retrieve the results. BEFORE SHE LEFT, I told her about this thread and what I had just said about going off. She came back fuming.

She was put off by the admin and the staff for 30 minutes and told to sit in the waiting room. The admin said that she was still here, to the other admin. DeJavu right? She got up and went to the supervisor and asked her if she remembered she was texting with her and that she would be by at 4 to pick the results up. She said she remembered the texts but said in front of everyone in the waiting room, "You didn't say you would be here to get them today."

My wife bit her lip, finally getting the results, took them, and left.

When she got home she checked her texts on the doctor's web page in their conversations and the super had deleted her text saying she would be there at 4 to pick the results up! She showed me she still had the full conversation but not the last one and all the other conversations were there with dates and times.

Now, my wife is not stupid so she checked the deleted basket and poof, there it was. She copied and pasted the last reply back to her and it even showed who and when they read the message at 11:10 this morning. She didn't say anything else, just the copied text showing her she did not get away with it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always gotten good service out of P&K, but I've only bought parts from them at their Norman and Purcell stores (well, I did pick up a part at their Pryor store once). The one in Ada was a Grissom's until a few years ago when P&K acquired them, and I've only driven past that one.

FWIW, my dad liked dealing with Gary over at Great Plains in Ada. He's a sales guy, but was always a straight shooter with us.

I know Gary and his family well, worked with Gary and his dad for years many years ago. Good solid folks.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stories I could tell. Being in retail for the last 15 years has been a eye opener to say the least. I have seen it all from both sides, rude customers and rude employees. Outright brazen theft by so called customers and even recently embezzlement by a cashier that looks like it runs into a lot of money stolen.

I will say I try, and I mean I try to do right by everyone but I do not always succeed.

Folks are more on edge these days, we have had to take new measures to try to reduce theft, which causes inconvenience but its what we are told to do, my cashier at my desk and myself have been yelled at, cussed out even had merchandise thrown at us simply for following the policies put in place by management.

It wears you down and honestly sometimes you just are not in a good place some days.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a little worried the 3025E wouldn't have enough power to mow really tall grass. Yeah...I shouldn't have been. For a little tractor/mower combo it's a beast. Here's a video of it mowing the really tall grass along the road. I'm moving slowly because I couldn't see the ditch and didn't want to topple over into it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a little worried the 3025E wouldn't have enough power to mow really tall grass. Yeah...I shouldn't have been. For a little tractor/mower combo it's a beast. Here's a video of it mowing the really tall grass along the road. I'm moving slowly because I couldn't see the ditch and didn't want to topple over into it.

A cautious man is a wise man. I would also pre walk the area to keep from hitting logs, metal fence posts, baling wire, small iron scraps, hornets, etc. I have mowed all of the above and I didn't like it each time I did.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I can't say I disagree with you...... Seems to be happening everywhere in every business. I guess it's the degradation of our society these days. Some blame it on the labor shortage, etc. etc. I blame it on the way some of these kids are raised nowadays........ No moral fiber at all. It really doesn't take much effort to just admit to a mistake and make the call! Or, answer the PM !
Like many men, my father grew up with the expectation that he could work 45 years for a company and then retire with a 'gold watch' and a life-long pension.

Kids of today have no such loyalty to any employer and even worse, employers no longer have any loyalty to their employees. So many companies these days subscribe to the 'BIC syndrome' which is the idea of once you've gotten everything you can out of a worker, you just toss them aside and get another one. So why would a worker care about a company (or their customers) when the company doesn't care about them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom