When did Kahr Arms change the profile of the PM9 slide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was looking at the classifieds, and saw someone was wanting to trade for a Bullnose PM9 -- Wasn't sure what that was -- I compared mine to the pictures on the Kahr website, the pictured slide has been profiled compared to the squared look on mine. When did Kahr start doing this -- Wanted to ask in the classifieds but didn't want to highjack the thread.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I do not know. I have 2 of the PMs with the "bullnose" both start with IA and are only about 900 apart. The Bullnose makes the PM just a little bit shorter. I am thinking Kahr changed when the CM came out since the PM and CM now share the same profile, jmo. As near as I can tell my 2 PMs were made in 2009 and I believe the CM was introduced in 2011, but don't hold me to this.

Last edited:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PM I think has always had the same profile, but the CM9 had a different profile, less refined, to lower machining costs and price point. Think of the PM9 as a CM9 with a melt treatment and some polisihing, kind of like the difference between an 870 and an 870PM.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't recall exactly but remember a lengthy conversation about the change on Kahr Talk a few years ago. I thought it was before the CM9 came out. Might ask there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom