When did the decorum change in golf spectators?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still can't get over the fact that people watch golf.
Just a few reasons...
Screenshot_20220525-200810_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220525-200553_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20220525-200111_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220525-200444_Chrome.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there all week. The crowd was pretty well behaved, for the most part. There was the random knucklehead, but if you can get 50,000 folks together anywhere without a few knuckleheads, good on you.

I’ve been to The Masters a couple of times, and the Tulsa PGA crowd wasn’t much different than I’ve seen at any other PGA event. The biggest golf crowd I’ve ever been around was at the PGA Championship at Bellerive in 2018. It was still just the random knucklehead. They’re everywhere. Most golf fans are still well behaved, but not all of them.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the random knucklehead ostracized in any way or just tolerated? They should be warned then booted.

They get some sh***y looks, but the rest of the crowd is often too polite to say anything, and the course marshals are “volunteers” that have to pay for the privilege to work the tourney. There are very few PGA paid officials on the course.

Garcia hit a ball over the back of 13 on Thursday that came to rest on the TV cables around the back of the green by the cart path. His 2 playing partners holed out and had moved into the 14th tee before an official made his way to the green to make a ruling. It took forever.

I think if they got too far out of line, they’d be booted, but in all the events I’ve been to, I’ve never seen it happen. I also try to avoid the Tiger crowds, because that’s where most of the knuckleheads can be found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom