"WHEN Is It Legal To Shoot In Self Defense"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

(LIVE Scenario With Colion Noir)​

From USCCA

Two videos

USCCA does scenario training like this at their expo's

If you are interested in "self defense" this is worth your time.

If you have done any scenario training you know how you become aware of all the emotions.

Tom Grieve does the legal analysis of the scenarios in this video.

In the second video Grieve plays the part of a Prosecutor giving a closing summation, albeit a much abbreviated summation, of what would be Noir's Homicide trial.

Interesting stuff.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you feel like your life or the lives of your loved ones are at risk, defend yourself.

If it goes south, it's still better to be tries by 12 than carried by 6.

upload_2020-6-28_12-36-5.jpeg.jpg

1631742403226.png

12278945_145839785809490_3712190782391114300_n.jpg

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel like your life or the lives of your loved ones are at risk, defend yourself.

If it goes south, it's still better to be tries by 12 than carried by 6.

"If it goes south, it's still better to be tries by 12 than carried by 6."

Depends.

Rarely is a person that is on trial for murder found not guilty, convictions are over 90%.

For me, and I wouldn't tell anyone else what to do, I find Heaven far more desirable than life in prison. To each his own though.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also when picking a Attorney don't think all Attorneys will understand your States Statutes, or even take the time to research them.
An Attorney will quickly take a case meaning getting his retainer of money, then he will start doing some looking into your problem.

Also keep in mind District Attorneys will quickly offer a plea deal for someone to just plead guilty to a lesser charge, they try to scare people with telling people there faced with years in prison.

You also must do your own reserch into the time line of your shooting and find any wittness that can back you up in your right to defend yourself, don't just think your Attorney is going to do all the leg work he has many other cases your case is just one of them.

When you do start moving through the States court system the Discovery is going to become one of the most important items, this is where your Attorney can ask questions that are on the record, later in a trial all who testify against you their words in trial can be compaired to what they said in the Discovery.

When i was charged with pointing a firearm at a person back in 2010 i knew zero about what i was faced with in my fight with then Tulsa County District Attorney Tim Harris he hated anyone having a firearm execpt the police, he once told a lady who asked about if she needed a firearm to protect her, Tim told her all she needed is to dial 911 then get on her knee's and pray.

Tim Harris and his team of Proscuters and trust me Proscuters are not thinking of any Justice for you and they filed a Felony Charge against me and for seven Months moving through the Justice Systen in Oklahoma offered plea deal after plea deals after turning down their offers that in truth really mean little as the Judge make the plea deal details as you will address them.

After seven Months they droped it from a Felony to a misdemeanor and again offered their last plea deal. if i refused it and went to trial and lost i would go direct to jail no bond allowed till the justict department had me ready to go to an Oklahoma Prison for between 18 to 24 Months.

My reply was i wiil see you in court and later when i went to trial trial lasted two days , when it went to the Jury after just thirty minutes i was found not guilty.

Another small but important item even my Attorney failed to find is in Oklahoma, if your found guilty of a firearm crime and you have a conciled carry permit not only do you pay the fine and court costs along with maybe going to prison you must pay the State another $1000 dollars for having the permit.

If you are within your legal rights do not except any plea deal if not guilty fight them.

Trying to get my hadgun out from the Tulsa's police property room it's open when their not pulling items for trials and you can't have your firearm and Ammo. at the same time, so i had to make another trip back for my Ammo.

They make everything hard for anyone it's just the Tulsa way of dealing with people and their firearms.

Last edited:

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another reason why people need to have good verbal skills and be trained how to fight (on your feet. Nobody lays down together and starts a fight in the real world). If Im not truly being threatened then my gun isnt coming out. Its not my go to defensive tool and for many people… their gun is their only defensive tool. Not the wisest mindset UNTIL society collapses and there is no law, at which, Id reverse this thought.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another reason why people need to have good verbal skills and be trained how to fight (on your feet. Nobody lays down together and starts a fight in the real world). If Im not truly being threatened then my gun isnt coming out. Its not my go to defensive tool and for many people… their gun is their only defensive tool. Not the wisest mindset UNTIL society collapses and there is no law, at which, Id reverse this thought.
You make a really good point back in 2010 we did not have open carry yet as we have today, this guy just saw my handgun being put in a locker with my bag in the locker room of the Golds Gym, he went and told the Gyms manager i had pointed a handgun at him and threatend his life.

All he had to do was say it happened the manager called the police and the cop who came just arested me, took the guys statment hauled me to the Tulsa Jail.

So even if we have open carry today i keep my handgun hidden.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. If I take a gun with me to the gym (I seriously gotta get a smaller handgun for special occasions) I keep it in my kydex holster, and put it in a backpack compartment. Then I never open that compartment and nothing else is in that space. I keep the backpack basically within one arms distance. And nobody thinks anything about it. I also keep a belt, knee sleeves, notebook and pen so Im not disturbing my baseline behavior! When I see peoples guns in public, my first thought is never “call the police” or go tell. Its like a childs mindset. I actually feel happy when I see people printing. Even un gun free zones haha whatever that is, I see people who I can tell are cops or veterans and of course just good ol boys, beards, hats, tats and mean muggin, makes me feel like im in a good place. Then there are those who are completely unaware of everything amongst us eyes glued to cell phones. Humans are weird.

Latest posts

Top Bottom