"WHEN Is It Legal To Shoot In Self Defense"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. If I take a gun with me to the gym (I seriously gotta get a smaller handgun for special occasions) I keep it in my kydex holster, and put it in a backpack compartment. Then I never open that compartment and nothing else is in that space. I keep the backpack basically within one arms distance. And nobody thinks anything about it. I also keep a belt, knee sleeves, notebook and pen so Im not disturbing my baseline behavior! When I see peoples guns in public, my first thought is never “call the police” or go tell. Its like a childs mindset. I actually feel happy when I see people printing. Even un gun free zones haha whatever that is, I see people who I can tell are cops or veterans and of course just good ol boys, beards, hats, tats and mean muggin, makes me feel like im in a good place. Then there are those who are completely unaware of everything amongst us eyes glued to cell phones. Humans are weird.
The more i see people armed i am happy as we need honest law abiding citizens to be armed, just have to keep thinking about what happened to me back in 2010 and how for eight Months i had to live night and day with maybe i was going to prison and losing all my firearms and Ammo, so i worry if it happened to me it could happen to others.

I am just as pissed off today as I was in 2011 when the Jury found me not guilty, i felt i was charged with only one person making the charge against me and the Tulsa Cop who arrived at Golds Gym she was unhappy i was later told as it was Friday and she was on break and planning on going off duty untill she got the call to investigate the complaint at Golds Gym, so even knowing other people were in the Gyms locker room she made no effort to find any of them and question them.

After my trial i wrote many letters to the Tulsa County District Attorney also to FBI with my complaints not that they really had anything to do with anything but just to have it on record how i felt.

I am still today mader then hell about it so when i find someone facing a firearm charge i try to help them in any way i can, sadly most time they have already did to much talking to the aresting officers.

First rule do not do any speaking to any police officer just say i did not do anything, and if your going to arrest me i request a supervisor besides the arresting officer and i also want an Attorney before i answer any question.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more i see people armed i am happy as we need honest law abiding citizens to be armed, just have to keep thinking about what happened to me back in 2010 and how for eight Months i had to live night and day with maybe i was going to prison and losing all my firearms and Ammo, so i worry if it happened to me it could happen to others.

I am just as pissed off today as I was in 2011 when the Jury found me not guilty, i felt i was charged with only one person making the charge against me and the Tulsa Cop who arrived at Golds Gym she was unhappy i was later told as it was Friday and she was on break and planning on going off duty untill she got the call to investigate the complaint at Golds Gym, so even knowing other people were in the Gyms locker room she made no effort to find any of them and question them.

After my trial i wrote many letters to the Tulsa County District Attorney also to FBI with my complaints not that they really had anything to do with anything but just to have it on record how i felt.

I am still today mader then hell about it so when i find someone facing a firearm charge i try to help them in any way i can, sadly most time they have already did to much talking to the aresting officers.

First rule do not do any speaking to any police officer just say i did not do anything, and if your going to arrest me i request a supervisor besides the arresting officer and i also want an Attorney before i answer any question.
Ha Ive got a story for you but Id rather PM it than post it. Didnt get arrested but I was close. Its a doosey.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legal to shoot home intruders, right?
1660068498404.png

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legal to shoot home intruders, right?
View attachment 293144
It all depends on what the investgating office writes in the report and gos to the District Attorney, in Oklahoma if you download the Title 21 States Statutes (there is a lot of them) find the one covering deadly force it's worded some what strange, as how the Legislature wrote it, the item as an other leaves it open to what other it is in regards to. I have even asked our Tulsa County District Attorney just what an other means i received no answer to my question my thoughts it has to be answered in court.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend shot and killed two punks in Florida 20 odd years ago. They kicked in the door on his RV and started in on him, his wife and two small grand-kids. They must have been lined up like chickens, because one shot went through both their heads! This was ruled self defence, but he still had to hire lawyers in Florida! Everyone that had ever spoken to these punks, sued him, and of course he had to hire Florida lawyers for several years to handle these law suits. He won all of them, and it only cost him just over $400,000.00, 20 odd years ago! Needless to say, this ruined his retirement plans, but they didn't kill his family! A no win situatrion I guess?

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend shot and killed two punks in Florida 20 odd years ago. They kicked in the door on his RV and started in on him, his wife and two small grand-kids. They must have been lined up like chickens, because one shot went through both their heads! This was ruled self defence, but he still had to hire lawyers in Florida! Everyone that had ever spoken to these punks, sued him, and of course he had to hire Florida lawyers for several years to handle these law suits. He won all of them, and it only cost him just over $400,000.00, 20 odd years ago! Needless to say, this ruined his retirement plans, but they didn't kill his family! A no win situatrion I guess?
This is what you have to deal with someone will always get an Attorney to file a law suit and you have to hire an Attorney to defend you it's all about Attorneys making lots of money.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what you have to deal with someone will always get an Attorney to file a law suit and you have to hire an Attorney to defend you it's all about Attorneys making lots of money.
I understand in England if you sue someone and lose, you have to pay BOTH sides expences! They don't have as many law suits!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead attorney is there are skid marks in front of the skunk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom