When Islam infiltrates the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
w10vtm5d732z.jpg

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The terrorism occurring here in the US is not home grown. Some of the terrorists are, but not terrorism.

If no more terrorists are admitted, the number here will diminish through attrition. Anyone who visits a country that suborns terrorism should not be allowed to return. Armed citizens can deal with active terrorists shooters. Accept the fact that the terrorists don't hate us; they simply follow the Koran and sharia law.

The only thing that will end Islamic war on the non-believers is the return of Muhammad telling Muslims to quit what they re doing.

As far as 'accepting' refugees, no more refugees ought to be admitted into this country until we have enough refugee camps to hold them regardless of wherever or whatever they seek refuge from, and send them back when the danger to their life is minimal. If they wanted to fit into our society, they'd have applied for admittance before they 'felt the need' to run to the west to escape. Not staying to fix their own country is suspect.

Timothy McVeigh was as American as apple pie. His ideological was pure American, right-wing, NRA hatred\distrust of the government.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I've said elsewhere, I wouldn't call that one a terrorist attack, just general asshattery. There's no evidence that he was trying to effect political change, just that he was a bigot with anger management problems. We're way too quick to hang the "terrorism" label on violent acts that really don't meet the definition.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As I've said elsewhere, I wouldn't call that one a terrorist attack, just general asshattery. There's no evidence that he was trying to effect political change, just that he was a bigot with anger management problems. We're way too quick to hang the "terrorism" label on violent acts that really don't meet the definition.

Hold on, you want to limit labeling terrorism to actual acts of terrorism? Well, that's gonna cut way down on the acts of terrorism.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think this will do anything to reduce terrorism in this country. We've seen that banning guns doesn't work, banning alcohol and weed hasn't worked, how is a temporary ban on a few select countries going to keep terrorists out when most of this forum complains that we can't even keep Mexicans out and the majority of terrorism in this country is carried out by people who are born here? It's a juvenile plan written on the back of a bar napkin.

It isn't a ban really. It's a temporary stay of entry Visas issued to people from specific places. It isn't intended to magically prevent Islamic terrorism in America, it's intended to give more time to vet those requesting entry for potential issues that would threaten national security. The basic premise is exceedingly sound from a practical standpoint. As written and especially as advertised, it's a flawed policy that's been widely politicized. Then again, you could say the same thing about pretty much every policy coming out of DC these days. :(

Here's a CATO institute report on looking at foreign born terrorists in perspective. As I said earlier, we still base everything off of 9/11 because 90 something percent of deaths stemmed from that one attack. If we're going to fight terrorism properly and actually reduce it, we need to look at it from a different view. 9/11 was 16 years ago and the methods we've been using to protect ourselves are outdated if we're still focused primarily on foreign actors.
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/truth-about-foreign-born-domestic-terrorists

Spot on.

I disagree entirely. Unless you can shut off all forms of news and other communications, people--even those born here--are to get pissed off when we drone-kill children in far-off lands.

Trump visited Saudi Arabia, "arguably ... the most prolific sponsor of international Islamist terrorism, allegedly supporting groups as disparate as the Afghanistan Taliban, Al Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and the Al-Nusra Front.[96]" (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-sponsored_terrorism#Saudi_Arabia). Going to keep him out?

The law is pretty clear that you can't deny a US citizen reentry into the US.

The only reason we ever "drone-kill children", is because Muslim terrorists don't bother to protect them, and in some cases use them as human shields. Yes we should sanction SA, and sadly the only reasons we don't are economic.

U.S. citizens who commit treason against their country are exceedingly problematic. U.S. citizenship is the most precious and valuable thing the United States has to offer. Those who take it for granted are some of the worst people in existence. :(

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Timothy McVeigh was as American as apple pie. His ideological was pure American, right-wing, NRA hatred\distrust of the government.

Timothy McVeigh exacted revenge for the acts of Janet Reno the Terrible. He wasn't out to terrify the people. These facts neither justify nor excuse his actions. McVeigh's act pissed me off but didn't terrorize me. Janet Reno's actions, however......

Woody

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reason we ever "drone-kill children", is because Muslim terrorists don't bother to protect them, and in some cases use them as human shields.
The reason doesn't matter; it happens, and it inspires a certain element to radicalize and take action in response. That's obviously the extreme case, but so long as that element feels like the US is persecuting Islam, is at war with it, we're going to see new radicals forming internally. It simply won't fade through attrition.

Yes we should sanction SA, and sadly the only reasons we don't are economic.
You missed my point; it wasn't about SA, it was about "anybody who goes to those countries." A lot of people go to those countries on entirely legitimate business, and don't become radicalized by the experience. It's the counterpoint to the idea that the homegrown version will die out. There is a small correlation between traveling to those places and turning into Abdul the Moderately Rabid, but it is definitely small, and certainly not causal.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason doesn't matter; it happens, and it inspires a certain element to radicalize and take action in response. That's obviously the extreme case, but so long as that element feels like the US is persecuting Islam, is at war with it, we're going to see new radicals forming internally. It simply won't fade through attrition.

You missed my point; it wasn't about SA, it was about "anybody who goes to those countries." A lot of people go to those countries on entirely legitimate business, and don't become radicalized by the experience. It's the counterpoint to the idea that the homegrown version will die out. There is a small correlation between traveling to those places and turning into Abdul the Moderately Rabid, but it is definitely small, and certainly not causal.

The very same subset of Islam who feel the U.S. is persecuting Islam, are the ones who believe terrorism is an acceptable form of Jihad, which is called for in the Koran. Not taking the fight to Islamic terrorists wherever they live will embolden them to continue and increase their attacks. We cannot allow them safe harbor behind women and children. We also shouldn't allow them safe harbor within mosques. Attacking them where they hide is attacking them and any collateral damage is their fault. I'm not saying MOAB an entire village because terrorists live in one hut there, but we can't accept propaganda about killing women and children, when those women and children are used as human shields. :(

As for your point being about "anybody who goes to those countries.", I apologize if I misread you. I thought you disagreed with a stay on U.S. Visas for those who are citizens of those countries. Even travelling to SA for Hajj is legitimate. IMO, there are only four countries where U.S. citizens have no legitimate purpose for going there whatsoever. They are Syria, Yemen, Somalia and North Korea. If you go there against all reason or good judgment as a U.S. citizen, you should be willing to accept a significantly increased level of scrutiny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom