When it rains, it pours...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I addressed obvious leaks/drips in the OP.

Toilet flapper was replaced a few months ago when we replaced the wax ring with a multi-layer gasket.

Since it's an approx 10 gal/hr leak, there'd be more than a damp spot if it was leaking inside a wall.

We've owned the house since '76 (had it built), so this ain't my first rodeo with plumbing. Have no doubts I can locate it, but it might not be pretty... :D

Talked to my nephew a bit ago, he's good friends with a plumber and is going to ask him about thermal imaging.

I really appreciate all the ideas & input. :thumb:
:drunk2:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cheaper, easier and quicker to just hire one of the water leak detection companies. Use google to find the one closest to you.
Otherwise you end up tearing stuff apart that didn't need to be torn apart.

https://www.americanleakdetection.com/residential/plumbing/leak-detection/
I second the vote for American Leak Detection. They fixed a slab leak in my old home (roots through a drain pipe) and, since I said I'd finish the flooring work, I didn't have to pay the deductible. They also added a cleanout that wasn't installed when the house was built around 1972 at no extra charge! Mullin Plumbing wanted about $400-$450 for the same work!

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use the force!
82ba9cda1f606bce633beaac28ec5b0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have any sort of water damage in the house, such as wet flooring, water in the vents, etc... your homeowners insurance may cover it. The average reroute of one line here in OKC is $1200+ Not including the drywall damage. The average slab access starts around $1500.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Use the force!
82ba9cda1f606bce633beaac28ec5b0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was pretty floored the first time I seen a feller doing that. Mother nature is pretty amazing but I want to know who and how the first person figured that out. No grand baby's this weekend again,:grumble:, I am going to google this stuff up and learn something while sitting idle!!:cool:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was pretty floored the first time I seen a feller doing that. Mother nature is pretty amazing but I want to know who and how the first person figured that out. No grand baby's this weekend again,:grumble:, I am going to google this stuff up and learn something while sitting idle!!:cool:
I know what you mean about missing the grandkids. I have 9 of them and it's been way too quiet around here dang it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom