When to mention your carrying concealed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbors house was robbed tonight so we were over at her house with her waiting for the police to show up (about an hour and a half wait). My question is...am I obligated to mention to the officer that I am carrying if he at no point speaks with me? I technically was in no way associated with her or the robbery so he really has no reason to say anything to me. I am just one of the people in the group with her in front of her house. Anyone know if this is correct or do I need to go out of my way to tell the officer I am carrying even though his business does not involve me in any way?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think not.Why would you unless asked?Or they happen to see it.Youre doing everything legal you should be-its concealed.Unless you feel weird having a concealed firearm on you in the presence of a bunch of cops.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shall be unlawful for any person to fail or refuse to identify the fact that the person is in actual possession of a concealed handgun pursuant to the authority of the Oklahoma Self Defense Act when the person first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.
Doesn't say that you have to during any other interaction ... but I'm no lawyer.

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was working, I was riding the transporter train around DFW airport going to my next plane. On board were several off duty police officers, they were wearing name badges and carrying stuff that made it clear they were traveling on business while not in uniform.

I was curious about the business of informing police about being armed when in a non-official setting (ie I was not being stopped, or otherwise was not a subject of interest). They pointed out that I did not need to advise the police in such a circumstance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom