When to start a feeder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just secured my first lease after years of frustrating public hunting. Not putting up with getting things stolen, fighting for duck blinds, sitting under someone's stand in the dark, etc...

Anyhow, I'm going to be putting out a feeder for the first time. When do y'all start filling feeders before the season?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just secured my first lease after years of frustrating public hunting. Not putting up with getting things stolen, fighting for duck blinds, sitting under someone's stand in the dark, etc...

Anyhow, I'm going to be putting out a feeder for the first time. When do y'all start filling feeders before the season?
Congrats on finding a place! It's a whole different world getting away from public land, most of the time. Feeders will do ok until October when acorns begin to fall. They'll rarely be touched until December after that, from what I've seen. I've also hunted land where the sight of a feeder will keep deer away until January, so take it with a grain of salt.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Congratulations MeatGrinder!!!
Get a feeder up today if you can and put a camera on it!!!:thumb:

What part of the state is your lease?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Congrats!

Just remember...that because you have a lease doesn't mean there won't be theft or others intruding on your hunting areas.

The last two that I was involved in, we spent a good amount of time running off trespassers and dealing with thieves.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations MeatGrinder!!!
Get a feeder up today if you can and put a camera on it!!!:thumb:

What part of the state is your lease?
I'm on 120 acres near Stratford.

Congrats!

Just remember...that because you have a lease doesn't mean there won't be theft or others intruding on your hunting areas.

The last two that I was involved in, we spent a good amount of time running off trespassers and dealing with thieves.

Yeah I'm sure it could happen anywhere. This is landlocked with no public road access so I'm hoping that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom