Where Am I?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm

The South is Texas, Lousyanna, Arkansas, Misery and East.
Most of those don't consider Okla as South.
Kansas is Yankee territory, as is Mid-West.

Oklahoma is more SouthWest than anything than anything else, though east of I-35 isn't really desert.

Oklahoma is The Territory, that's it.

We do love our fried okra, fried squash, fried tater, fried catfish, fried chicken and red beans. Damn grits is for goats!

Of course, this is the weed shop Capitol, the Godfather is here.

With the abunce of military in the State, we have a pretty good smattering of people from every State that we're stationed here and decided to stay in our bit of red paradise.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm

Oklahoma is more SouthWest than anything than anything else, though east of I-35 isn't really desert.

We do love our fried okra, fried squash, fried tater, fried catfish, fried chicken and red beans. Damn grits is for goats!

With the abunce of military in the State, we have a pretty good smattering of people from every State that we're stationed here and decided to stay in our bit of red paradise.

That in bold letters....

....I see what you did there, although most here on OSA have little clue as to your reference.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a native Okie, but all my maternal ancestors are from here and N TX. We visited here all the time and decided to retire here.

That said, I asked my mother once about Oklahoma (regionally) because parts of it are so different from others...some will be like AZ and other like something in NC.
She said that OK was basically the center or dividing point for all the major regions we have in the US. This is where the Southern Plains, the Southwest, the Midwest, and the South all kinda meet like a crossroads. Made sense to me.
I go see my buddy in Atoka and he and his family and everyone I meet there are absolutely nothing like the folks out here. They are like they're from Alabama or something. Out here, they're more like folks in SW and even have a different accent too.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm

I thought Willey Nelson was in Texas, but could be wrong...

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about Arkansas being south, maybe south of little rock. My great great grandfather was with the Arkansas 1st infantry with the north.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Willey Nelson was in Texas, but could be wrong...
Willie is Customer #1
Snoop Dogg #2

The Godfather doesn't partake. Cuts into profits.

He will be along to comment, again.

OLD OSA joke, almost as old as Post #12.
Even if, he isn't self proclaimed or as amused.

It is all in good fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom