Where are the good gunsmiths at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin at Mechanical Accuracy
(405) 399-2875
111 East Atlanta
Jones, OK.

Custom sights for black powder shooters is his "claim to fame," but he does everything. I've had him put together more than one custom rifle. And, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!

http://www.baldwinsights.com/

Ditto on all the good things said about Steve Baldwin. He has done work for me and just recently recommended Cutting Edge for a friend of mine that needed old model S&W revolver help. Haven’t heard back on how that went. I’ll post when I do.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot one, which was a good experience...so I'm 4 for 8. Batting .500 here which is not very encouraging.

Arts Gun Shop, a former master gunsmith for Browning who does his own work out of his business in the St Louis area, I took him two shotguns and he was everything you'd want a gunsmith to be. He let me watch him work one issue on my Auto 5 and said he'd have my Superposed done the next morning which it was...so I went and enjoyed an evening in St Louis and was on my way.

Home - Art's Gun Shop
been thinking about sending my sweet16 to them for restoration once i get the cash.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked up Mechanical accuracy on google, it is listed as permanently closed. Does anyone know if they are still in business? I have a couple of rifles I’d like to have worked on.
I talked to Steve a few days ago. He said nothing about being closed but I was calling for a recommendation. Huge loss if he closes.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin is the best around by far, he IS Mechanical Accurracy, located in Jones. (405)3992875 he DOES NOT do repairs on broken junk. He also does not do any handgun work. Long guns only.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had some barrels threaded and muzzle breaks installed on a few rifles from Knight Horse Firearms. They are south of Tulsa in between Glenpool and Mounds. They chopped this barrel to 18 inches, threaded it, and made a muzzle brake. this is basically my grab and go hunting rifle. It is .308. They just got their 02 SOT stamp so I am sure they will start pumping out some toys.

gExKAPH.jpg

h73SVE9.jpg

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Wells Armament at Newcastle. If it can be repaired Charlie can do it. Honest, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable in pretty well any type of firearm. Been smithing for over 30 years. Seems he always has something in the shop he's repairing that other smithers won't touch or say it can't be repaired. Yet he does. That Gurl can also tell you about Charlie.
Wells Armorment Card.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom