Where do you buy your vehicle parts online?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still partial to Oreilly's online. I can order and pick it up in store or often it's free shipping, and it's the same brand of parts I'd buy anyway. On my vintage truck I use rockauto, classicparts, etc. But mostly Oreillys online. You can hold stuff in your cart (with an account) and after two days I think it is they'll give you $10 off so you'll clear the cart.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Shopped Amazon and the stuff that popped up was some cheap Chinese brakes and rotors… not sure I want that on my truck. I’ll shop Rock Auto and see what they have..

If price isn’t much different I may try my Oreillys even though I don’t like going in there. My town also has a Carquest and a NAPA but I never got anything from Carquest unless it was for a Chevy.

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like others I check RockAuto. Their prices are hard to beat. I think the last set of jack stands and jack that I bought was from Northern Tool. HF seems to have different quality levels of tools in store. I know some of it gets really good reviews and looks nearly identical to the stuff you used to buy off a tool truck.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use RockAuto to look up the different parts options and brands, and then comp shop the brands at Amazon and eBay. Oreilly's has a high markup and their parts, like most, are usually made in China junk. I can usually get Moog, Dorman, and other brand names on Amazon cheaper than anywhere and it is fast shipping.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use whoever can get me quality parts for cheapest shipped. They've all been mentioned here. And those HF jack stands are overkill. I've got three sets of the 6K pound ones, a couple of sets of 3K pound ones. I do check the roll pins in them, but it's only connected to the handle, so it can't fail in use. Of course, mine are at least 15 years old too.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rock Auto here too most of the time especially if I have time. They are way cheaper on shocks, oil filters, brakes and some electrical parts. I've also been known to look up factory part numbers and google them. Sometimes Amazon comes through in fantastic fashion if you plug in the factory part number but that's extremely hit or miss. I once bought the exact factory window switch for my truck for $14 that the Ford dealer wanted $80 for and O'Reillys wants $50 for. Crossed the FoMoCo number right to the Dorman number and Amazon had it cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom