Where do you get your Christmas Tree?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We always cut a cedar out of the fence row somewhere. We don't put a tree up now and haven't for many years. We don't even exchange gifts.
That’s what my mom’s dad did. Not necessarily out of the fencerow, but we’d find a little cedar somewhere on his farm, cut it down, and put it in the living room.

We had “live” trees for many years when I was a kid (my guess would be they came from somewhere on my paternal grandpa’s farm), but somewhere in my teens, Mom and Dad switched to an artificial tree. Can’t say that “real” vs. made much difference to me.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Martinbird Tree farm, Tuttle, OK. Pearl is headed there Friday with her granddaughters to pick one out for us.

ETA: And they picked out a darned good tree!

Last edited:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this does not answer your question, but if you don't me saying this, I miss the days when Coits in OKC would sell live trees at their drive in locations.

IIRC Horn Seed Co, and some organization at NW HWY & Meridian, by the golf course, would sell live trees.

There were some other organizations that sold really nice live trees but their names escape me right now.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Martinbird Tree farm, Tuttle, OK. Pearl is headed there Friday with her granddaughters to pick one out for us.

Agree on Martinbird. Over the years when we actually lived in a home, we purchased balled trees and then planted them in the yard. Even bought a few extra ones for one 5 acre place and planted them around. The 5 acres had quite a few trees, but no Pine trees. Love Pine trees for the sound of the wind in the needles.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously though if you use a live tree be careful and keep it watered.
There was a news story a few years ago of a rich couple in Maryland that had their grandkids stay over for a late Christmas.
According to the local and federal investigation (involving a certain U.S. Gov agency gun owners love so much), the couple's dry-as-a-popcorned-fart Christmas tree had a ton of lights and stuff on in, all hooked together and plugged into one outlet.
The tree caught fire in the middle of the night, burning their mansion to the ground, killing the couple and their grandchildren.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Festivus Pole:
festivus.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question: WHere do you get your Christmas Tree?

For those that live in a larger town or city where do you get yours? And for those that live out in the country where it could be 30-90 minutes to and sort of town that would sell Christmas Trees, where do you get yours?

Are there any small/medium size christmas tree farms/growers in OK where you go out onto their land and cut your own that are specifically grown for this purpose? If so, do you recall the the species of trees grown and an average price paid for the tree you got?

I'm throwing around some ideas as a second source of income or side-hustle for when we move to OK. I'll have the land to do this but just doing some preliminary research. There's a decent size operation not too far from our home here that seems to be fairly successful. They probably sell 3K-4K trees per year and are in the $75-$125 range.

There is a Christmas tree farm near Ponca City.

https://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.19254

They have been in business for many years and sell a lot of trees locally. All Virginia pine.
About a month before thanksgiving they prune the trees to the perfect conical shape which gives time for the wounds to heal.
We bought trees from them several times in the past but ours comes out of a box now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom