Where have you gone that is the farthest from home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thread on who has lived in Oklahoma their entire life got me to thinking. The only time I have lived outside Oklahoma was when I was in the service. I believe even then I was considered "resident" of Oklahoma, so would that mean I had lived here my whole life, or not?

I also got to wondering how far some have traveled from home.

For me it was South Vietnam when I was playing hide and seek with some of Uncle Ho's neices and nephews.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well one night me and Billy-Bob was fishing when we saw this real bright light in the sky. Suddenly we was surrounded by these little gray men. They took us into the light which beamed us up to their ship. The space ship took us to the back side of the moon where they performed all kinds of experiments on us.

I looked over and they had Billy-Bob bent over with all kinds of probes sticking in his butt. It was nasty I tell you. On the bright side Billy-Bob said his hemorrhoids do not bother him any more.

Me, they just messed with my head some. Stuck needles in my ears and up my nose. Shined a real bright lite in one ear. Pretty sure one of them was making shadow puppets on the far wall.

Next morning we woke up back in our boat and found those little gray bastards had stole both bottles of whiskey and all our beer. At least we figure that is what happened as neither one of us remember drinking it all. Plus my head still really hurts from all the testing they did on me.

Other than that the furthest I have ever been is Taiwan.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see if anyone can recognize where I went, and more appropriately when. Shouldn't be that hard.

where.jpg

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Germany, and Korea. Even then I went home every day at 5 pm. A lot of service members say they are goin "home" on leave. To me home is where I get my mail. So for me, it is now Faxon (Lawton area).

ETA: I forgot Caribbean, Mexico, Canada, Japan, and Austria
I keep forgetting HI, Tahiti, Bora Bora.

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
West Berlin
Correct, west side of checkpoint Charlie after we came back through in 1988.
berlin4.jpg

I even was able to look up the name on the wall a few years ago. Little girl killed by a convicted pedo that passed through her town. It was wild a year later watching the wall come down at places I'd been. I went back to Germany in 1990, but didn't make it up to the Eastern area again. They did win the world cup while I was there which was one hell of a party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom