Where have you gone that is the farthest from home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another interesting one to me....kind of goes hand in hand with people who are "lifers" in the state they're born.
I had a buddy in Waco, TX who had never been further from home than Dallas (that's only about 90 miles). To me, that's pretty sad that he hadn't experienced anything except that little bitty slice of the earth.
I talked him into a road trip once, and our destination was Indianapolis for a Monster Mopar Weekend but while on the trip we took a "detour" to Detroit for the Walter P Chrysler Museum before it closed and Dayton for the Air Force Museum. Anywho, that's the most of the "world" he has ever seen, that 5 days on a road trip with me. Before we left, he was asking what he needed to get to be able to leave Texas. I was confused, and I guess he was under the impression you needed a passport to leave the state.

Another friend from Waco who is a few years my senior had never been further than Galveston. I took him and his daughter on a road trip to Myrtle Beach as neither of them had ever been out of state. After that his daughter kept asking when the next road trip was. One of my favorite pictures I ever took was of us driving through the Smokey Mountains and both of them glued to the windows looking at the scenery. Her idea of "mountains" was the Texas Hill Country, and when we got to Myrtle Beach she was in shock of the water because she was used to Galvestons brown water.

People need to get out and experience what's out there a little bit. I've not been a world traveler but I've at least all over the USA.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perth, Australia is the furthest with a name, middle of the ocean west of Australia for a few days on a Navy ship. I don’t believe it was the Indian Ocean but it could be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom