Where have you gone that is the farthest from home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was about 10 years old, we left Claremore, Oklahoma to go visit my maternal grandparents who lived in Port Orchard, Washington.

We saw Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

I remember taking the ferryboat across the Puget Sound to Seattle. Saw all the fish and produce markets, dug for clams on the beach (it was so cold!) and we made a big ol pot of clam chowder.

I remember taking a tour in Portland of a naval vessel that was recently decommissioned. I don't recall which ship it was, but my father talked a lot about it.

I also remember the golden gate bridge, the redwood forest, Juarez, Mexico (for about 5 minutes) spending the night in Las Vegas and my 16 year old brother having a meltdown because he had to babysit me and my older brother in the hotel room while our folks played the slots. I also remember throwing up at the grand canyon and wading in the gulf of Mexico at Galveston.

It was a helluva trip!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wisconsin, IIRC...
drunk-gif.236411

___

Last edited:

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
West coast, San Diego for a conference. Then just to the east part of the panhandle of Florida. I been up to Wyoming and South Dakota. All pretty much states that share a border with Oklahoma. Been to Vegas twice. Kind of funny my wife and I are not big gamblers. Never left the country and at this point in my life probably won't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom