Where have you gone that is the farthest from home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counting Military time, vacations, business travel mainly for schools to learn new control systems, and our 7 year RV travels it’s been a good ride. All 50 states with some just a pic of the welcome sign on the border.
South is Perth Australia, East is Italy, North is Alaska above the Arctic circle, and West was SE Asia.
In between has been a dozen or so islands in the Caribbean, Korea, Venezuela in South America, all over Mexico and Belize.
Overall, the last 7 years in the RV has been the most fun.
12 states from Montana to Louisiana this year to date.
On the road for months then back home for awhile. Can’t wait to get back out on the road.
My grandparents did the RV thing back in the 80’s in a little 19’ bumper pull only coming home for a month or less before hitting the road again.
Fully understand why they did that now. Life is good on the road seeing what this great country has to offer.

Carson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was in the Air Force, so a fair bit of my kid travels were thanks to that. I've been to ~40 states.
Furthest East: Germany
Furthest North: Canada
Furthest South: Mexico
Furthest West: California
Most Remote: Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not counting deployments ..... Sydney Australia

Attachments

• 296157_2212676879727_455843691_n.jpg
    296157_2212676879727_455843691_n.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 28

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked on the North Slope in Alaska a few years. Ridden a motorcycle to Inuvik in Canada.

Australia maybe on the other end? Afghanistan, Korea, Thailand, and Japan courtesy of the Marines. One of those probably furthest away. Too lazy to look at a globe.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thread on who has lived in Oklahoma their entire life got me to thinking. The only time I have lived outside Oklahoma was when I was in the service. I believe even then I was considered "resident" of Oklahoma, so would that mean I had lived here my whole life, or not?

I also got to wondering how far some have traveled from home.

For me it was South Vietnam when I was playing hide and seek with some of Uncle Ho's neices and nephews.
Me too, 67-68 Uncle Sam's all-expense paid education and vacation plan.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weisbaden, Germany for me. Got to take a military flight(s) over there during Desert Storm. My dad shattered his ankle while serving in Saudi Arabia, it was the last day of his deployment and was supposed to be coming home the next day. He was medivac’ed to the big hospital in Germany. He was there for 2 months. Since he wasn’t technically on orders while in the hospital, they allowed us to come visit him. The battalion commander was able to arrange space A flights for us. As an 11 year old that was quite an experience!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thread on who has lived in Oklahoma their entire life got me to thinking. The only time I have lived outside Oklahoma was when I was in the service. I believe even then I was considered "resident" of Oklahoma, so would that mean I had lived here my whole life, or not?

I also got to wondering how far some have traveled from home.

For me it was South Vietnam when I was playing hide and seek with some of Uncle Ho's neices and nephews.
I volunteered for that region, when I enlisted in '73, but Clovis, NM was as close as I got, while the war was still going on. Aside from 6 weeks in San Antonio, TX, and 9 in Wichita Falls, for Basic & tech school. Later, I made it to Riyadh, KSA, for 7 months, for Desert Shield/Desert Storm, with a couple days of side-trip to Thumrait, Oman to help fix a broken satellite terminal during that war. At the time, home was more or less the Left Coast, near Las Angeles, but Oklahoma became home after Uncle Sam dropped me here about 25 years ago. 3rd child was born here, and for the first time in my life, I've lived in one house for more than three years or so.

Bill

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh boy, I guess Saudi Arabia will be the furthest away. With Germany, Hungry, and Bosnia as honorable mentions. Here in North America, everywhere from Canada to Honduras. Still haven't made it to all 48 lower states yet. Think I have about a dozen left. I have Oklahoma pretty well covered. Fairly confident I have rode down or thru every local highway and town in Oklahoma. Looking forward to retiring in a couple of years and hitting the last few states I have missed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom