Where/How to get started?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
back to who started this thread if your wanting to shoot the ar grab a pistol and come to the practical riffle match at oil capital in tulsa the first sat of the month. its allways posted on here and we get alot of shooters from okc.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are looking for something to use your AR-15, the Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capitol is the first Saturday of the month. It's around 70 rounds of rifle and 20 rounds of pistol.

There is always an OKC group going to it so just let us know if you want to tag along.

I will sure let you know! PM inbound.

back to who started this thread if your wanting to shoot the ar grab a pistol and come to the practical riffle match at oil capital in tulsa the first sat of the month. its allways posted on here and we get alot of shooters from okc.

Thank you!

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have the following.....

AR / 600 rounds / sling / 7 mags
Glock 23 / 100 rounds / 4 mags

What else should I need for the practical rifle match?

Do I need a holster, vest, certain type of hat, knee pads, anything specific? Is there anything that is restricted?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A holster for your pistol is more fun but not required. They typically make provisions so that your pistol can be staged on a barrel or table if you don't have a holster. If you buy a holster get one that will hold your pistol while running. I'm a big fan of bladetech drop and offset holster. They have great customer service as well. Drawing from a holster is more fun in my opinion

Most guys don't wear knee pads but you will do some kneeling typically so you could wear them if you really want to go down hard it have bad knees. They usually setup a piece if carpet to kneel in.

A ball cap or something to keep the sun out of your eyes is good to have as well.

I think you have plenty if ammo!

Do you have a mag pouch for your AR and pistol mags? You don't need them for your first match but like a holster it more fun to have them and you will look and feel more ATAS (All Tactical And ****). For competition mag pouches I recommend CRSpeed for the pistol and either wilderness or bladetech for the AR. Those suggestions are mire geared fir speed than ATAS though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom