Where is everyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s really supposed to hit Tuesday I believe
The forecast is for Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, but I have a feeling the bridges and overpasses are going to be a ***** and a half tomorrow. I went from Tulsa to Lex and back today; this morning, there was a thin sheet of ice on my hood and headlights (I scraped it off my windshield). When I got to Lex, the ice was still there, which is really odd--between the heat of the engine and the wind buffeting, it's usually gone after a few miles at highway speeds.

On the way back, there was a lot of freezing mist. I thought my headlights looked a little weaker than normal; when I got back home, I finally got a good look at them, and just like the hood, they had a thin, but solid, layer of ice on them...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. It was NUTS at the store today. One more day and I have Tues/Weds off. I will be a dutiful Stepford wife and keep a fire in the fireplace, beans and cornbread (Frito Chili Pie for Grumpy) and peach cobbler at the ready. Clean sheets and goosedown comforter on the bed. Critters are all fed so they are fat and sleepy. Now all he needs to do is come home and take his boots off and enjoy sitting in his recliner. I should have it so good. Lol 😉
Man, that sounds good. Do you make house calls?

I stopped at the Walmarts gas station at Cedar Lane in Norman to fill up on my return trip today. After filling the tank, I went inside to get a drink and some junk food for the trip home, and the lady at the counter asked if I was getting snacks for the weather. She said it was better to get them at the gas station than to go into the store today, and she had a point--it was about 5:30 on a Sunday evening, but the lot was dang near full. I don't think I've ever seen that many cars in the lot before.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife got me a set of those after last winters go round, haven’t got to use them yet, those things look awesome.
They are. I have two sets--one at home and one in the truck, just in case ice hits while I'm out and about. My doctor probably likes the fact that I have to go upstairs to go home, but exterior stairs suck out loud in weather like this. I ordered the second set after I couldn't find the first set and turned ten steps into si-i-i-i-x steps a few years ago. I don't bounce nearly as well as I used to...

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's crazy the traffic.
It's like it's the friday at 4pm before Christmas and somebody let 100,000 first time drivers loose on the streets of Tulsa. Streets packed, expressways packed unbelievable.
What I was posting about was the stores were empty and the malls were empty and it was like everyone was leaving town. It was not one particular direction . Every highway in every direction was full. Like rats fleeing a sinking ship.
Now Sunday afternoon the grocery was full of people stocking up. And I got that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom